Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Ugly Truth about a Master Bath Makeover

First let me apologize for the super long absence.
Real life just got in the way.
Working a big girl job and keeping the house somewhat together while dealing with the rotten effects of tamoxifen just took a toll.
Thats a story for another day...

I have time now that my temp job has ended, so instead of relaxing a bit I signed on with Serena of Thrift Diving and her 30 Day June Room Challenge.

Leaving all dignity behind I am sharing the before pictures of the room I have chosen.
Don't judge, it is really bad.


Our master bath is 21 years old and due for an adult makeover.
In all the years in this house I have never gotten this room quite right.
My hubs could care less about decorating so that doesn't help.
Note his clothes hanging on hooks behind the door and 
the fact that he thinks this is the perfect place to iron shirts.
He can't believe we are doing away with the over the door hook system!


This room has been started and stalled several times.
I finally just gave up.
This challenge was just what I needed to finally create the cozy urbane farmhouse bath of my dreams.
Now for the close ups.
Try not to look away in horror.


From a distance these cabinets might be good to go with a little paint magic.


The vinyl plank floors might make it another few years.
Oh but thanks to the super zoom on my camera the ugly truth is exposed.
The melamine cabinet doors are literally popping from moisture.


That fake wood peel and stick is coming apart at the seams.
This room can't be fixed with a little cosmetic surgery.
She needs the whole lift.
However that is not in the budget.
Brainstorming here people.
Follow along with me as I DIY my way from beast to beauty this month.


Next post I will list what needs doing and some possible budget friendly fixes for each issue.
Feels good to be back!

Yours in sawdust and scrub brushes, P.
Pin It!

No comments: