Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Art Therapy


I had my six month visit today with my surgeon.
Mammogram...
Sigh of relief...
All looks good...
Come back in a year!
Had my pre hysterectomy physical yesterday and all good too.
This year has been, and continues to be a stinker but good news is good news. 
I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself.
Like I missed the entire summer because of radiation, and now I will miss Thanksgiving and the beginning of the Christmas season because I have this hysterectomy the Tuesday before.
My PCP says they may keep me 3 days.
Then 3 weeks recovery.
Rats!


Had the day off from work.
Came home and planted myself in the studio.
Watched some awesome Junelle Jacobson videos while I worked.
You cannot help but feel cheery while listening to her.


Kicked myself in the ample...er I mean curvy... rear.
What do I have to be sad about?
I have a loving family and actually pretty good health despite this year.
I have a business that I love and have recently met some local artists 
who may give me just the boost I need.


Plus, I have this outlet of making whatever strikes my mood when I am feeling low.
Happy colors, Christmas coming, joy is what I will concentrate on.


Then I got to thinking...
I don't have to cook Thanksgiving dinner for 15 for the first time in 28 years!
I have many semi willing workers to do my bidding for a few weeks too.
They will be my team of decorators. 
No climbing in the attic and digging through bins in the garage.
No grumbling that there is only one person in the house doing ALL the holiday prep.
I will direct the event this year!


Oh this may be the best season ever.
I can just hear it...
"Move that light an inch to the right please."
"I know we have at least 3 more glittery stars, can you look again?"
"The wise men are on the wrong side."


Maybe I better keep a lid on my enthusiasm.
At least for a few weeks.


I was also inspired to do a ten minute sketch of how the day made me feel.
 Dark and light combined.
A gift with a cost.
Life.

Yours on the bright side, P.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Dewena Callis said...

I'll pass on to you the instructions my surgeon gave me: The first 2 weeks post surgery you are an Empress--don't do anything, I mean anything. The next 2 weeks you are a Queen--only do easy things that you want to. The last 2 weeks you are a Princess--take on a few extra things a day but remember you're still Royalty.

You'll be wonderful, directing from the sofa!

zandra said...

Glad things are doing better. Love you little kid drawings so precious!
I have to tell you this Halloween every time I saw a white owl I thought of you. Going to have to keep an eye out for those, love how they looked on your mantel. Keeping you in my prayers! Enjoy the decorating...;o)
Hugz, Z

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Pam dear, you are an amazing, talented, creative and gifted woman and on top of that, you have the grace to look on the bright side of things. GOOD for you!
Hugs,
Mona

Leanne said...

So glad for the good news ... and it's not gonna be easy to rest up for Thanksgving but try to enjoy it!

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

I hope 2014 proves to be a good year for you and yours.