Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October and Letting Go

Normally this time of year is spent fluffing up the farmhouse for the spooky season.


This year, working at the Costume Gallery, it looks as though 
decorating needs to be placed on the "Maybe I will get a minute" list.


Priorities...
Do you have advice on how best to list them?
Making things for the upcoming Over the Moon show and for a fabulous little shop called 
Dandy Haberdashery need to be up there on the list.
Not to mention my poorly neglected Ohio Valley Mall space.
So what have I been up too?
Work. Halloween in a Costume Shop is a whole life event.


Photo shoots, planning meetings, window dressing and of course our customers who keep us going.


If I am absent from here for a bit, it is only because I am up to my ears in priorities.


Visits to your lovely homes and fall decor will have to suffice.
Each evening, tucked in bed with a chai tea latte and the ipad I will get a little taste of Halloween decorating and crafts.


There certainly won't be much of that happening here.


By the way, do you have your costume yet???

Yours in Halloween frenzy, P.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

I always say, "Busy people live busy lives". And you certainly are... and you certainly do!

Hopemore Studio said...

Pam I am so intrigued!! Are you in Newport often? I only work a couple blocks away...lol.

trash talk said...

If I were to work (read that as if anybody would hire my tired old A$$) it would be in a costume shop. Imagine getting to help people play dress up...and getting paid for it. Still, I bet it's demanding and being on your feet...not to mention your toes...has got to be tough.
As far as what to do first...I haven't a clue. I am one hot mess and so is my ta da list.
LYttH,
Deb
P.S. Please tell me you are not over doing it and making YOU your top priority.

Joy Galbraith said...

You are doing a great job. Training at Costume Gallery, is more like, trial by fire. There is no way to have a training manual, because every day is different.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Nope..no costume this year. BUT I am decorating the house. I can't help doing that..and I love seeing the little ones come to the front door. For the ones I know well, I make special treets..pretty cookies all wrapped up in celephane and tied with black orange and purple ribbon streamers.
It sounds like you have a LOT on your plate. It's an exciting time of year and you are young with lots of energy and idea's. This is YOUR time! Enjoy every single second of it!
:) Mona