Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Flipped Out


Flip, say it a few times quickly...
funny word. 
One of those words that denote comedy, like a circus, or Flip Wilson...yes I am THAT old.
Or maybe 
a bit of insanity, as in flipping one's lid.
Could be just plain rude as in an angry hand gesture or the act of being flippant.
Not sure where this post fits in all the realms of flipness.


In an attempt to get some home maintenance done, while balancing the new job, the business, making art, stocking the antique booth and being included in a fabulous new local arts collective I decided to start on the front porch.
It was looking quite shabby.
These generic coach lamps have never been my favorite
 but replacements are not currently in the budget.


They tend to fill up with all manner of leaves and spider nests and unidentifiable detritus.
I am glad I can't identify most of it...skin crawling.
Barely any light was passing through the glass at this point.
Donning gloves, I went to work cleaning them up.
I found it quite difficult to get my hand down into the opening after removing the top.
So, being flipping brilliant, I disconnected them and turned them over to clean them.


Sparkling clean and ...wait....
maybe they don't look so bad upside down?
Always ready for a change around here.
I left them this way.


Weird or freaking awesome?
Not quite sure yet, but I think I like them better this way.
Until I find a flipping fantastic deal on the perfect fixtures they are staying.


Tell me your honest opinion.
Is this a desperate and failed attempt at changing the look of my boring porch lights?
Or is it so flipping awesome that it just might work for a while?


I am off to see what else I can flip.
Enjoy your day my friends.

Yours in a topsy turvy world, P.

Pin It!

10 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I so agree, they look much better flipped. Love them. Hugs, Marty

Debra Oliver said...

I think you're flippin' brilliant!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I think they look great...pretty porch!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Oh dear! Why or why do I always have the unpopular opinion. I like them right side up best, and it's because of the light bulbs. To me it looks like a mistake was made. I'm sorry.
But..Sweetheart..here's the thing. It's what YOU like. If you like them upsidedown..them leave them like that. What do I know. Everyone else, so far, likes them.
Actually, I think the entire porch lights are lovely. Striking! Just as they were, all clean and sparkly.
Do you hate me? Hmmm? I hope not. :)
Big hugs!
Mona

Hopemore Studio said...

They look like coach lamps when they are flipped. That is unexpected! Honestly if it's easy to clean...go for it, I hate to clean light fixtures!!

Denise Duffy said...

You're a flipping genius! They look great. And you can always flip them back later! Have a great week!

Dewena Callis said...

What a great, completely new look! I like it!

Burlap Luxe said...

I havé seen this done before, and yours are no exception to looking much better upside down!
I am not just saying this to make you feel good, I truly love them much better. Who ever said yo have to be up- right all the time?

As for flipped, I to flip in more was that I want to admit !
And I also watched flip Wilson those were the days my friend we thought they'd never end.

A beautiful fall to you.

Xx
Doré

Ellen Reed said...

Leave them! they look great!....smiles

Object of Maya*ffection said...

They look fantastic upside down!!!