Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Bounty

The property of copious abundance.
We are surrounded by it.
Do we realize the bounty around us?


Having been waylaid by a bump in the road we sometimes miss that bounty.
We get stuck by what tripped us up instead.
Feeling that summer had passed me by while daily radiation treatments kept me from the sunshine I failed to realize all that I was missing.
I was too focussed on what was happening to my body to look outside myself.


Time wasted.
Lesson learned.
Do not allow a negative event take away from all of the bounty that surrounds us, 
even in those times when things turn dark.
There is always a glimmer, some pleasure, in even the worst days.


Glass half full has always been my way, but I almost let that slip, almost spilled that fullness.
Thankfully I caught that glass just in time and have filled it to the brim with possibility.
No matter your circumstance please find some joy in each day.
The days are precious and not to be wasted.


I cannot tell you how full of gratitude I am.
God has blessed me with healing and bounty.
I pray for the same for each of you.

I have some exciting things in my future.
I cannot wait to share again, and grow and change and enjoy your company along the path.
"Dwell in possibility" as Emily Dickinson wrote.

Yours gratefully, P.
Pin It!

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I do not always get to read your blog, but I am so glad to have read it today. You reminded me to be happy in the little things... and I'll pray for you as I go about my daily work today, for your happy recovery.

Debby said...

The year that I had cancer we took several little trips. I framed the "good" times in a frame so that I would remember that instead of the sadness and the worry. Cancer does change you forever......but in a good way.

Denise Duffy said...

You have been through an all consuming event for sure. Debby is right, it does change you in a good way. Sometimes it just takes everything you have to just make it through.

20 North Ora said...

So true - we sometime forget how blessed we truly are.

I am your newest follower.

Judy