Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Blisters on my Fingers and a Smile on my Face


City Flea is coming up this Saturday.
I think I finally have my rhythm down for these shows.


I used to be in a panic before a big antique or craft show.
No more. 
I think it is partially learning how to handle things more efficiently.
Really though, I believe my blog friends Debby and Denise have imparted some truth in their comments to my post about bounty.
Having cancer can change you in a good way.
At least the type I had.
Treatable and operable and able to be put in the rearview mirror.


I am crafting away happily and what gets finished will.
Finger burns are nothing compared to radiation burns.
No stress.


I think this is the most focused and productive I have been in a long while.
Live for the moment as that is what we have been given.
I even have the van filled with some mid century goodies to fill out my space at City Flea.
I am slowly switching my shows from all vintage to artsy/craftsy with a 
few choice vintage pieces mixed in.
Enjoying the process as much as the finished product.


If you are in the Cincinnati area this weekend stop and say hello.
I will be the girl in the red glasses with the burned fingers and a big smile.


The soldering iron is calling.
Talk later.

Yours in the happy places, P.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Love this! Finger burns definitely better than radiation burns. Bet you are making some awesome things!

Hopemore Studio said...

I want to come see you!!! What time does the event run? I have to try to work it out between kids' stuff but I am gonna try!

~Angie

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Your booth is going to be popular, that's for certain! It looks like a lot of work..but I can tell you enjoy it.
I am cannot tell you how wonderful it is to know you are recovering and getting on with your life.
What a great thing it is!!

Teresa said...

Lovely soldering! City Flea sounds fantastic. I'll have to plan a trip back to Ohio for the next one! Take care...

Ellen Reed said...

Oh! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!!!......smiles