Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, July 22, 2013

Where Do You Fit In?

Lately the question foremost in my mind has been
"What is my place in all of this."
All of this being life. Not LIFE but life as in daily life and what to do in that daily life.
Do you find yourself trying to fit in to a spot that just doesn't feel quite right?
So you rethink and rehash and start to redo and still...
just not the fit that works for you.
Something always holds us back. 
Finances, worry about what others will say, worry about taking time from those around who need you,
too old, too young, should be doing A when I want to do B, all can keep us from finding that perfect, or at least, better, fit.


Time to sweep all those what ifs and if only's away and do something.
I did, a couple of things, not ready to tell all yet but a big step for me.
A step I kept telling myself I was too old for.
A step that isn't the one I thought I was going to take.
Hang in there and I will tell all in a bit. 
It may not be terribly exciting but for me I think I have found at least one part of life 
that will be a good fit.
Now I just have to finish a few more docs appointments and treatments and I am putting this breast cancer behind me and moving on to something new.


What basket are you trying to squeeze yourself into?
Have you found the one that is just right?
Don't feel alone.
Share with us.

Yours in finding joy, P.
Pin It!

7 comments:

sissie said...

Good Morning Pam,
Thank you for your uplifting words and inspiration. You've certainly given me food for thought because I often find myself asking the same questions.
In the end I guess we all fit in the basket that fits the best but find we often have to jump into one that's too tight or too big to experience life.

hugs and keep inspiring us.

Sissie

trash talk said...

I for one am through trying to fit in anywhere. I y'am what I y'am...a round peg in a square hole. Trying to be what others see as correct is like trying to squeeze into a pair of Spanx...it ain't happening no matter how long I hold my breath or tug and pull.
One of the perks of...ahem...getting older is not caring a whit what others might think about what I do or say. Too old? There's no such thing. I mean Grandma Moses wasn't called grandma for nothing!!!
I read the best thing on Pinterest the other day..."It's never too late to be what you might have been-George Eliot".
Where ever you are being led, my darlin' Pammie, I'm sure of one thing. You will be...wait for it...Fab U Lous doing it!
LYttH, M.L.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Pam..you are SO cute. What a great subject. I am old but I guess it still matters if I feel comfy where I am. I've done it all..and now I just have to work on relationships. I DO care what others think AND what they say. I guess I will never get past that..so I work hard to make things ok..I just don't tear myself apart doing it. It's the loss of those I love that has broken my heart.
I seem to fit in my "basket" very well right now. I try not to take anything for granted. I have learned not to do that. Every day is a gift..

Dewena Callis said...

What a sweet fur baby curled up in the basket. Made me think about our near 90-lb. mixed breed insisting on curling up in his little sister Jack Russell's nest instead of stretching out on the large bed of his own. Maybe we do that sometimes, too, Pam. What do you think? Do we squeeze ourselves into a small basket/nest when a larger one is there for the taking?

God bless you in whatever you're doing that makes you happy. I'll be looking forward to reading about it when you're ready. And you've given me something to think about. Courage..to both of us!

Debby said...

You're killing me trying to guess what you are up to. If the gardens were a hint, I am truly lost. It is amazing how your mind starts turning after you have had a scare of cancer. I do believe that sometimes it changes you. You appreciate things more and that it gives you the okay to do what you have always wanted to. Good luck.

Denise said...

I know exactly what you're talking about. Breast cancer really changed me and the way I thought about everything too! Sounds like something exciting is on the horizon for you. Can't wait to hear more!

Ellen Reed said...

Thought provoking...thank you!....smiles