Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Low Cost Master Bedroom Reveal


The post that almost wasn't...
How the hecks do you get a decent interior shot of a somewhat dark room???
The light from the windows totally blows the shot out and if I use lights everything looks pink.
So, here it is, the best a girl like me can do.


Poor photo skills aside I adore my new bedroom.
Cozy and tidy, a mix of masculine and feminine, vintage and industrial...
Love.


My desk area is a favorite spot.
All these pieces came from shopping the house or from my stash of Goodwill finds.
The lamp was destined to be sold at the City Flea until I nabbed it as the perfect piece for this little area.
A $14.00 shade from Garden Ridge was all it needed.
The botanical chart is a poster I bought on etsy from  KSarah Designs.
I added two dowels with hot glue and wrapped the ends with some string 
to make it look more chart like.


My Grandmother's vanity set and my Father-in-Law's hair brushes are displayed on the dresser.


The green in the chalk board is just the right accent for the charcoal walls.
I just need to find the perfect quote to add a bit of chalk art.
The paint is a Behr match to a Restoration Hardware color used in our local store.
I believe it is just called Charcoal.
I fell hard for that color.


I posted here about my super easy board and batten wall treatment.
Very happy with that wall.
The mirror is a Home Goods purchase from years ago. 
I stole it from the powder room which is next on the make over list.


Ikea curtains and pillow are new.
Well, one pair is new, the other used to be in the dining room, but that's a story for another day.
The lamps are Ikea too, and were originally used in the studio.
I wanted a bed that is simple to make. No piles of pillows or fancy shams and twenty sheets and coverlets to fold back just so.
A simple charcoal quilt from TJ and plain grey pillowcases.
I can make that bed in less than a minute.


I am spying some cords and a little messiness, but hey, real life here. 
Close up of the accent wall.
The bed is a long ago purchase from Overstock.
I am over it, but it will have to do for now.


The armoire and dresser have been ours since we bought them for our first home. 
Deco style from the 20's or 30's and they had seen lot's of wear.
They have been recently revamped with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
You can read about it here.


I only wish you could join me for a personal tour to get the full effect.
I promise it is soooo much better than my photographs.
I guess I need to practice some interior photo skills.
Any suggestions?
We could have a glass of wine and talk about it.
Really, I need LOT'S of help!
I might need some bed making skills too.
But hey, what do you want for under a minute?.

Yours in the bumps and wrinkles of life, P.
Pin It!

9 comments:

Debby said...

If that is an invitation, I would be glad to come visit you for an afternoon. I think your bedroom looks great. That's my goal for the summer now that my travels are over.

Steve Finnell said...

YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY CHRISTIAN BLOG

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I think your bedroom is charming and I love the colors and your headborad wall. Great bed too. Very pretty and very well put together. Hugs, Marty

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It looks great, Pam! I love the wall color. Love the stripes on your armoire, too.

Kathleen said...

Aww pop the cork I'm coming over. Your room looks great! I love your bed. Your room's charming.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I love the bed. I have wanted one like that for a long time. Great job!!

zandra said...

Pam, your house is always so nice, not like mine so cluttered...lol Wish I could throw things out...I'm working on it. Thanks for sharing.
Hugz, Z

Josie Moretti said...

For me, you've got a great shot, Pam. The angle was just perfect! And it's nice that you didn't use any lights or effects to present your master bedroom. Thanks to your windows! The type of windows that you have is great because it gives maximum daylight and fresh air at the same time. And if you want your room to be more private, the window treatment that you have there will do the job.

Josie Moretti @ North West Exteriors

Javier Page said...

Those windows are the main attraction in your bedroom! They are huge enough to provide light all throughout the day. And whenever you feel stressed, you can just stare outside and experience the beauty of nature. Very refreshing and comforting!

-Javier Page @ Best Construction Inc.