Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Board and Batten the Frugal Way


Bedroom progress at Frippery Farmhouse.
Super easy and cheap board and batten is complete.
I just used 2" wide lattice board from the big box store molding section. 
About $7 for an 8' length.
I used three.


Spaced them out to have 3 sections above the bed and 
incorporated the existing window trim to save money.
Straight cuts, the trusty nail gun and a bit of Gorilla Glue and wood putty...
Viola!


I did use Glidden's super shiny gel paint for trim and 
it kind of accentuates the bumpiness of the drywall but 
all in all I love it.
Under $25!
What's not to love?
How are you progressing with your to do's?
I will update as we move along.
Not much else happening except work, dinner, sleep, repeat...

Yours in calling it DONE, P.
Pin It!

7 comments:

Denise said...

Looks Fantastic! And I like the glossy paint.

westernreservebutlerspantry said...

I like it!! Your bed's beautiful too.

trash talk said...

Any wall project that doesn't involve the dreaded miter box gets my thumb's up approval.
It looks fab Pammie.
LYttH,
Deb

Julie said...

Wow! That looks fabulous. And at such a great price, too.
I love your headboard as well.

Ivy and Elephants said...

It looks amazing. Can't believe you were able to do it yourself with so little money. Fabulous!
Hugs,
Patti

Sue said...

What a pretty look you've achieved, Pam! I don't do woodworking at all- even the straight cut kind. I was always fascinated with Norm and Bob Villa , who made it all look so easy and fun. Too bad I didn't get talented by osmosis! LOL Any plans for a spring show nearby? Are you planning a trip to S'field in May for the Extravaganza?

Junaid Walayat said...

Latest Stocks and Shares Rates, Exchange Rates of International Market News Updates, Brokers Directory, National News, Stock Markets, TopNews Arab Emirates, Dollar Exchange Rates, Current Exchange and More Forex Business Update News.
latestfxmarket.com