Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Dog's Life


 The phrase to lead a dog's (or cat's?) life is always seen as a negative.
Not here at Frippery Farmhouse.
Just a few examples...
(From just a few of the 8 dogs and cats who live here...
seriously...
no lie...)


Drink from the same bowl as the dogs?
I don't think so.


Shadow wants only the freshest water.
Not a drop of dog drool in sight.


Let's not forget nap time. 


What do you mean this furniture is meant for humans?


You don't really expect us to sleep on that comfy floor cushion do you?


Sorry mom, please let us in.
We will try the dog bed one more time.
Although we really prefer a nice warm lap.

How's the weekend at your house?

Yours in the love of furry friends, P.
Pin It!

10 comments:

sissie said...

Hi Pam,
Our furry children are very special to us. I love the photos of them sleeping on the furntiure. When my kitties are sleeping I walk around like I'm going to awaken them and usually don't make the bed if they are sleeping on it! LOL! They sure live the good life but they give lots of love to us in return.

hugs
Sissie

Ivy and Elephants said...

I'd love to live a dog's life around your home! I love to see pets getting the pampering that they deserve.
Hugs,
Patti

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I have a lovely lap warmer that is under my desk chair as I type this, laying next to the um..toilet, which puts us in an argument every morning..or in my lap in front of the TV OR curled up behind my knees or against my back in bed at night. It's just the way it is. My cat, Bumpy (named from things that go bump in the night..you know) drank ONLY fresh dripping water too. I always left the bathroom sink on just a drip. HOW I miss my cat!

Denise said...

I love it! That's the way it goes around here too. They sleep where ever they want to. And it's NEVER where I want them to! Spoiled rotten. I had a cat like that. She would sit and wait for me to turn on the kitchen sink faucet.

trash talk said...

So what you're telling me is if I come to visit...my bed is the one on the floor...right?
I tell you what Pammie...if reincarnation exists, I want to come back as your pet.
LYttH,
M.L.

Debra @ Common Ground said...

same here, but with two cats who think they are queens!! One sleeps between my hubbs and I like a little kid, just furrier!!

Emom said...

ALL of my pets (cats or dogs) preferred to think of themselves as humans......smiles

Vintage Jane said...

I can never make the bed if my little kitty is asleep on it!

sweetvintageofmine said...

Didn't realize you had so many family members! They are "precious"! Sweet post...I love animals. Blessings~~~Roxie

Dewena Callis said...

They are so beautifully coordinated to look beautiful together! Our Sammi Gayle doesn't drink out of the sink but she does like her own bowl and prefers to drink out of the hose pipe in the summer when we water plants. I do have a grandkittie that always drank out of the faucet when he visited and I wouldn't have dreamed of stopping him. I love each one of yours and would love to pet them.