Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Gift of Time

Seems there is a theme here lately.
One that came close to home in the past week or so.
Frippery Farmhouse has been a crazy busy place.
Health issues and new business opportunities including a trip to the ER and a trip to LA for hubs.
Yin and Yang.
A new job for our son who then had to turn down the one he really wanted because he felt it wasn't right to back out of his commitment to the first offer.
Ups and downs. 
Getting ready to start back to my full time temp job next week.
Time has been at a premium.
It is a struggle to fit it all in.


Then the sad news that my daughter's beloved high school art teacher, Joan McGuire passed away.
Sadie was getting ready to visit her on Tuesday when the news came.
Ms. McGuire taught art at Mercy High School for 34 years and was such an influence for so many girls, including my daughter.
From summer art camp during elementary school through four years of art and AP art in high school her encouragement and creativity gave my daughter, and so many, the courage to follow their own dreams of becoming artists and designers.


To say that hearts are broken is an understatement.
To say that time is a gift not to be wasted could not be more plain.
Ms. McGuire was my age,
56, not so young any more but not nearly ready to leave when there is so much left to accomplish.
Please pray for her family and friends and all whose lives she touched.
She left behind so much joy and lived a meaningful life.
What more could one aspire too?


The lesson brought home by this is don't waste that precious gift of time.
Make the most of every moment.
Posting may be less frequent on Frippery as I sift through all that is happening here.
I do not want to waste your time or mine on posting for the sake of it.
That gift is going to be used more intentionally.
Bear with me as I make some changes around here.

I will leave you with a song that was something of a theme in my heart during my daughters high school years and is especially appropriate when remembering Ms. McGuire and the magic that came from the basement art room at Mercy High School.
Ms. McGuire, you were a beautiful soul.


Yours in every blessed moment, P.

Lyrics
In this very room there's quite enough love for one like me,
And in this very room there's quite enough joy for one like me,
And there's quite enough hope and quite enough power to chase away any gloom,
For Jesus, Lord Jesus ... is in this very room.

And in this very room there's quite enough love for all of us,
And in this very room there's quite enough joy for all of us,
And there's quite enough hope and quite enough power to chase away any gloom,
For Jesus, Lord Jesus ... is in this very room.

In this very room there's quite enough love for all the world,
And in this very room there's quite enough joy for all the world,
And there's quite enough hope and quite enough power to chase away any gloom,
For Jesus, Lord Jesus ... is in this very room.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Dewena Callis said...

I haven't heard this song in a while and loved hearing it sung by these young people. Pam, I'm so sorry about your daughter's art teacher. It sounds as if she was a friend to many. I'm sure her influence will live on in the lives of the young people she taught and they will be more creative throughout life because of her.

I still have my 10 minute rule post-it note up and a list of my 10 minute projects. It is amazing how much it adds up. I don't use this rule for the basics of my day as I know I'll get them done. It's those little and big extra projects that I was getting frustrated at not being able to do that I have on my 10 minute list now and it's easy to walk away when the time is up because I know I'll be doing 10 more minutes soon.

So you take the time you need to devote to your life and fill the well and it will just be a pleasant surprise every time I see your new post pop up on my blogroll.
Dewena

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Simply gorgeous photo's! The music is lovely too.

westernreservebutlerspantry said...

Life never seems to get less complicated or less stressful. I think many of us are at the stage in life as you. I'm sorry for your loss.

Emom said...

lovely.....smiles

Ivy and Elephants said...

Time is something we never have enough of. My sympathy to your daughter, but the love and inspiration she received lives on.
Hugs,
Patti