Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, January 14, 2013

My Ten Minute Philosophy

Simple common sense...


Ten minutes of doing is worth ten hours of talking about it.

2012 for me seemed to be a year of waiting. 
Anticipation of what will happen next... 
wanting to take some action but feeling so ineffectual... afraid... tired... 
discouraged by life's twists and turns.


We sometimes allow ourselves to get so caught up in negativity 
we fail to do the very things that could change our course.

Looking back, the year was mostly lovely. 
A warm and loving family in our cozy home celebrating everyday living. 
Friends old and new...Business ventures...Just plain adventures...
Good times.
Somehow I got sidetracked. Setbacks seemed larger than the rest of life. 
One step forward, three steps back, but mostly not taking any steps at all.


2013 will be a year of change here at Frippery Farmhouse. 
Change is obviously inevitable.

We just need to react to change by making it work in the best possible way.
ReACT...
Take some action to make that change positive.
Stop talking and mulling and waiting. 
Do something!


My philosophy in 2013 is to take the time given to me and act on it.
No more wasting life being afraid of things out of my control
Take an idea and run with it. 
Do what needs to be done and accept the outcome.

10 minutes at a time can add up to a lot of change.

Yours in action, P.

(Photos of my garden in summer...Sunny days ahead!)

Pin It!

8 comments:

sweetvintageofmine said...

First of all, your GARDEN is BEAUTIFUL!! (we love those hydrangeas!!)Are those old-fashioned hollyhocks in the first picture by the roses?? I enjoyed this post....for I am facing CHANGE in a BIG way in the weeks to come!! I have to TRUST GOD and know the decisions to be made are in GODS will! Actions I have been taking these last weeks, are STEPS of FAITH! It's SCARY...I pray for your STEPS of FAITH too.......FAITH without ACTION is DEAD! Blessings! Roxie

Lynn said...

Great philosophy --You have inspired me!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I've learned (the hard way) that those 10 minutes of DOING often add up to a lot more than we think at the end of the day.
I can handle 10 min.
Then I make a list to see what I've done, and it's quite surprising.
Here's to a lot of DO in all of us in 2013!

XXOO~~
Anne

westernreservebutlerspantry said...

You just described 2009 for me. It must be an age thing. I used to thrive on change. I lived by...burn the candle on both ends! Then life happened and as your saying I saw things in our life change that we couldn't control. And several of my friends going through life shattering events. Ours problem didn't compare to theirs. So for awhile I kind of pulled down the shades...so to speak. I'm now at the point I think your getting to, where you just say...I guess this is how it is so let's roll with it and not fight it. Once you get to that stage you get your old spirit back. Your photos are beautiful.

sissie said...

Hi Pam,
I feel as though you wrote this just for me. I've been making quite a few changes in my life right now and I'm so ready to move forward and get it done.

Lovely post.

hugs
Sissie

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Like Sissie said...I feel like you wrote it for me too. My 2012 was by far one of the most stressful year we have had in a long time. Alot of it was out of my control but yet it affected everything in our life. Like a domino effect if you know what I mean. Going to take what you said and give it some serious consideration to try and make this a more positive year ahead. Thanks Pam and I hope you have a more peaceful year. ~Hugs, Patti

Dewena Callis said...

Excellent! Was it here not long ago that I read that 10 minutes of doing philosophy? I remember reading it and writing it on a post-it note. If it was here, it was well worth expanding on, and if some other blogger wrote it, then great minds think alike!

Teresa said...

Lovely post, Pam. I'm feeling much the same.