Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Decorating for Winter and About that Lamp...


Just stopping in to answer a question several of you asked before sitting down with friends and family to watch the Bengals win.
That lamp...


I had several emails, messages and comments on the lamp with the burlap shade.
You know that Frippery Farmhouse is decorated frugally.
You will not often find a new, off the shelf, purchase.
That lamp though, was bought brand new.


Not second hand or thrifted.
However, it was discounted.
I purchased that pretty thing at Big Lots, 
on sale mind you.
Shade and all.
I just could not pass it up.
I have not seen one at BL since but I did see one at Home Goods about a month ago.
Surely they are out there somewhere for those of you who love the hunt.


Enjoy your Saturday.
I am slowly taking down Christmas and leaving a touch of winter to light the days.
Go Bengals!
Who dey, P.
Pin It!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

I go to Big Lots often to check put their goodies, but I have never found anything quite that wonderful! Way to go!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

LOVE your blog!!! You have a great and fresh style!!! LOVE the lamp and who would have thought... Big Lots!!!
I am a new follower!

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Suh weeeet lampshade! Must go searching or it!

trash talk said...

I know a certain lady who is quite capable of making similar lampshades and selling 'em on Etsy. Not saying who...I think you know who you are!
LYttH!
Deb