Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

10 Changes for 2013


Happy New Year friends.
Words for the new year?
Resolutions?
Lists?
I know you are busy plotting out the clean slate that is 2013.
For Frippery Farmhouse I see this as a year of change.
Big and small, scary and fun, some necessary and some just because....
No one word of the year, just a thought that ten minutes of doing can equal 10 hours of talking about it.
Do you know what I mean?
I will begin by making a list of 10 things that need changing at Frippery Farmhouse.
Some are a bit personal, but putting things out in the universe is often beneficial to making them happen.


1. Out with the clutter. We may stay or we may go but 
I want Frippery Farmhouse to feel ready for either outcome this year.
Clean and sorted and fresh, just like when we moved in.


2. Build Joe's business, Powering Profits, and help in any way I can to make that happen so our options of staying and going can be our own choice and not necessity.

3. Take a little time to build my own business but realize that has to be in second place for a while.



4. Find a place to make my mom happy, finally. 

5. Paint, paint, paint..stop hesitating and just go with it.


6. Put my best effort into my Ohio Valley Antiques space.
Turn it into my own mini shop with real style.

7. Etsy shop, again...


8. Explore where we want to be in the future.
I really am a bit of an urban girl at heart.
My someday home will be in a place where a car isn't always needed and there is much to do and a thriving art community.
We may have found that in Madison, Indiana but that is a dream for a little later.


9. One of my Christmas gifts was a doll house.
I intend to savor each moment of decoration with my sweet daughter.
We are obsessed and enchanted with all of the inspiration we have found just browsing Pinterest.


10. Taking more time to visit with friends.
Both my friends at home and all of you who have become friends of the spirit.
Perhaps I will even get to visit with a few of you in person.

2013, a year of changes toward making dreams come true.
That is what I wish for all of us.
Take care my friends and Happy New Year!
P.
Pin It!

9 comments:

Debby said...

Good luck with your list. Uncertain times for so many. What kind of business is your husband's. Mine just asked me a couple days ago.....should he look for another job.
I hope you can stay at the Farmhouse.
I want to start an etsy this year. Hoping to see you again in the near future.

Emom said...

I wish you all of the very best in 2013....I suspect you will achieve more than you can imagine.....smiles

westernreservebutlerspantry said...

Beautiful photos. I particulary like the third one. Is this Madison, IN? It sounds like you have a busy time ahead. Boy, can I relate. We sold our farmhouse a few years ago. At first I wasn't ready to think about it but the more I did the more I realized at this time in our life less is more. I love that old house and if we had all the rooms full with family we would still be living there. One thing I've learned is if we're flexible we'll have a happier life. I look forward to seeing how 2013 unfolds for you too. Life's truly an adventure isn't it?

Life As A Steel Magnolia said...

Hey sweets!!!
2013 is going to be a great year I can just feel it!!! I'll be praying for you that your dreams for this year will happen! Girl go for it all I know you can do it! Maybe you can squeeze me into your friends to visit down in Louisiana!! ;)
Come during crawfish season and ill treat ya! Big hugs and happy new year Pam!!

Toodles-
Sarah

P.s. come by to visit my new decor blog!

Hopemore Studio said...

Oh how I love Madison, haven't been by in a couple years (actually know the owners of that old theater). It is like time stood still there..but not so much for us!! Have a great 2013, even with all the changes, it is sure to keep you on your toes!

Lynn said...

Is this your town? Darling! Good luck with your resolutions!

Dewena Callis said...

10 minutes of doing equal 10 hours of talking about it--I love this. You have big and important goals for 2013. Best wishes for them.

amy of four corners design said...

Pam - I'm impressed with your list and wish you every success in the new year...yes, it is much better to do than to talk!

Daisy Pink Cupcake said...

Sounds like a good list to me! I am with you on the Etsy thing...I am working my way to open shop!
Daisy~