Happy New Year friends.
Words for the new year?
I know you are busy plotting out the clean slate that is 2013.
For Frippery Farmhouse I see this as a year of change.
Big and small, scary and fun, some necessary and some just because....
No one word of the year, just a thought that ten minutes of doing can equal 10 hours of talking about it.
Do you know what I mean?
I will begin by making a list of 10 things that need changing at Frippery Farmhouse.
Some are a bit personal, but putting things out in the universe is often beneficial to making them happen.
1. Out with the clutter. We may stay or we may go but
I want Frippery Farmhouse to feel ready for either outcome this year.
Clean and sorted and fresh, just like when we moved in.
2. Build Joe's business, Powering Profits, and help in any way I can to make that happen so our options of staying and going can be our own choice and not necessity.
3. Take a little time to build my own business but realize that has to be in second place for a while.
4. Find a place to make my mom happy, finally.
5. Paint, paint, paint..stop hesitating and just go with it.
6. Put my best effort into my Ohio Valley Antiques space.
Turn it into my own mini shop with real style.
7. Etsy shop, again...
8. Explore where we want to be in the future.
I really am a bit of an urban girl at heart.
My someday home will be in a place where a car isn't always needed and there is much to do and a thriving art community.
We may have found that in Madison, Indiana but that is a dream for a little later.
9. One of my Christmas gifts was a doll house.
I intend to savor each moment of decoration with my sweet daughter.
We are obsessed and enchanted with all of the inspiration we have found just browsing Pinterest.
10. Taking more time to visit with friends.
Both my friends at home and all of you who have become friends of the spirit.
Perhaps I will even get to visit with a few of you in person.
2013, a year of changes toward making dreams come true.
That is what I wish for all of us.
Take care my friends and Happy New Year!