Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, December 22, 2012

My Painted Bedroom Furniture


How to prepare for Christmas guests when...
Sister in Law's family is coming to stay Christmas Eve...
Your bedroom has been in turmoil for over a year....
You have been putting it off for more important things...

You paint and clean like a madwomen and then say 
"Wow that didn't take as long as I thought it would."


Do you put off a project because in your mind it will take FOREVER?
Then complete it in a jiffy?


Do you find 
an enforced deadline is the best way to get things done?
Where do you head for inspiration?
This time it was the lovely Amy Chalmers at Maison Decor.
She is super talented and has a such great style. A shop to die for too.
Actually two shops.
Living the dream for real.
Introducing the armoire...
Stripes! Love them!
Painterly, imperfect, a little Frenchified.


The brown veneered furniture we have had since our first home 
is now much more suited to the new charcoal bedroom walls.
Like new!


A bit more of a beachy feel for the dresser.
Matching colors but not style.

Also we totally revamped the guest room and had guests there Thursday night.
Both kids significant others have birthdays today and tomorrow...
then Christmas!
It is party central here and I am actually ready!


Have you been getting things finished for the season that have been on your to do list?

Hopefully with the sun shining today I may get a few shots of my 
Christmas decorating to share with you.
I have so enjoyed seeing all of yours.

Have a Merry Saturday, P.
Pin It!

7 comments:

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

You are one talented lady Pam! What a beautiful job on that stunning armoire! I am inspired~and thankyou for such a nice post mentioning me and my shops. Made my day...or maybe my week!! xo

Debby said...

Wow, what an amazing job. I love it. Can I come and stay. Your feather tree with the putz houses is so sweet. I hope you and your family have a peaceful Christmas. Hope to see you in the New Year.

Hopemore Studio said...

How gorgeous, well worth the wait. I have several pieces of waterfall furniture that are in terrible shape...maybe I should paint them. It is hard to do but your results are stunning.

Hope you are staying nice and warm.
Merry Christmas!
Angie

sissie said...

Hi Pam,
I sure wish that I could get your burst of energy! Your pieces look wonderful and you are so right, Amy is the go to gal for true inspiration and talent.

You did a beautiful job. Please show us more.

hugs
Sissie

Denise said...

Beautiful! You have been one busy girl.

Julian Levi said...

Awesome post... You did really great job I am inspired with your blog... Thanks for great sharing.
sculptures for sale

Michle Smith said...

Your lovely bedroom removes all your tension. Give you good sleep and fresh your body. From kids to old people, everyone desire for a great bedroom. Therefore, the design of the bedroom and the furniture should be flawless.
Bedroom Furniture
Thanks!