Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Make a New Tree Skirt from Old Luggage.

Thanks for all of your photo advice!!!
A bit of sunshine and a little manual focus with a tripod.
Simple Photoshop corrections too.
You all gave me some great hints 
and I am doing further reading.
You will see a post in the near future here with tips on taking better interior photos.
Not that I know what I am doing...
just sharing a little research and what works here.

Now what do you do when you have that tree decorated top to bottom, 
and you are ready for that photo op...
but that bottom has no skirt???
Ooops.


You simply grab what you happen to have on hand.
In this case, a fabulous set of vintage luggage from my friend Carolyn.
Arrange it around the bottom of the tree.
Maybe add an extra odd piece for a bit of contrast.
Then please crop out the cat cleaning herself ...



Tada!
Quirky vintage tree skirt!
Just in time for playing with those interior photos.


Loving the tree skirt luggage.
Before you run out to find something new
think twice about what you already own.



What bits of everyday are you using in new ways for your holiday decorating?

I am thinking these will make great ornament storage once the season ends!

Yours in new ways with old junk, P.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Debby said...

Like it. I like using the suitcases for storing the ornaments. Good idea.
Tree looks nice.

sweetvintageofmine said...

Hey Pam! I know I commented on your FB, but I have to say...This is awesome!! LOVE it! The green design color is perfect for the skirt!!!Don't know where you found these suitcases, but they are FABULOUS!! Have a wonderful week! Roxie

Ivy and Elephants said...

What a unique idea! Quirky but it really works though! The colors are just perfect. I think you might be on to something!
Big hugs and happy holidays,
Patti

Denise said...

What a great idea! And the color couldn't be more perfect.

Julie said...

What a great idea! I used empty boxes wrapped in vintage-looking wrap for my Christmas tree skirt (and to keep the dog away from the tree).