Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

How Do You Take Great Indoor Photos on Overcast Days ?

Calling all of you fabulous photo bloggers!
You know who you are.
You have fantastic, bright and cheerful interior photos...
all of the time!
How?


Here in southwest Ohio it has been dark and dreary for over a week.
No Christmas house tour photos of Frippery Farmhouse.
They all look like they were taken in a dungeon.
Please...
what is the magical formula?


Exposure can only be upped so far without blasting out your retinas.
Dimly lit close ups do not tell the full story.


Don't get me started on the dining room that is dark even on the sunniest of days!
Let's get some answers people!
A bit of bloggy support that you are always so generous about.
Pretty please?


Should I ask Santa for a set up like this?
Not terribly expensive.
Does that solve the issue?
Desperation here.
I know the long January and February weather ahead bode dimly for interior photos around the farmhouse.


What about powder rooms with no windows?
Must the photo always look ghastly and yellow tinged?


If you have hit on a solution for making interior shots look as if they were taken outdoors in the sunshine,
please help a blogger out.
I await your wisdom.


Meantime I will be thinking of ways to strap a few flashlights to my head, 
miner style.
Off to find the duct tape.

Yours in the quest for light, P.

PS Now that I have disabled comments I can't seem to re enable them.
I hate to ask for too much help.
I will keep trying...
 If you have a solution could you email it or comment on my Facebook page?
Thanks so much!!!

PPS Apparently I did something right. Looks like comments are back after all!

Linking to Mod Mix Monday
Pin It!

4 comments:

Leanne said...

will you post a summary of gained knowledge? Auto-correct in PhotoShop can only do so much.

Hopemore Studio said...

I have brought in my workshop lamps in the house on occasion to fake it...sad but true.

Most of my corrections happen in Photoshop. I have an older version, but when I open a picture and choose "curves" there is a button with a little white paintbrush. I click on that, then on the whitest part of the picture and presto/chango all the yellow cast is gone.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This weather has been dismal, hasn't it, Pam? I did see a peek of sunshine just a little while ago {from maybe 4:00 to 5:00}. I'd love to know these answers, too. I wind up editing my photos for lighting in Photoshop, but it does only go so far.

Angela said...

Ohhh what a great way to display the matchboxes! Love!