Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, October 15, 2012

Halloween Decor in the Dining Room

Amidst the crafting and the thrifting for Frippery's show schedule I managed to rummage through the Halloween bins in the garage.
As I said before I am keeping it simple.
Just a murder of crows amongst the silver and black.


An unkindness of ravens gathering at the typewriter.
Perhaps waiting for E.A. Poe to tap out a few lines?


A building of rooks looking for a morsel or two dropped at dinner?


A murmuration of starlings waiting to swoop upon an unsuspecting diner?


Here's hoping this flock stays put through the creepy season!

Yours in subtle scares, P.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Debby said...

If your flock flies away my buzzards are back and I could send a few your way. Yuck.
Are you going to be doing any CHristmas shows later on.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love this, Pam! I love your crows/ravens especially with the black typewriter {which is perfect that it is black}. It does make me think of Poe's Nevermore!

Vintage Jane said...

So long as they don't start flying at me they're just fine ... !

Lynn said...

"Nevermore."
As usual, I always enjoy my visits to your blog. I was looking down the side and see that you are ever so busy. I'd better get up from this chair and get busy too!

Denise said...

Very cute! I guess I'm skipping the Halloween this year. I haven't had time to do a thing. Really love your black and white theme.