Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall Mantel 2 Ways


I shared my fall mantel several weeks ago.

Bittersweet, found turkey feathers and owls.


It felt nice and crisp.
Then as October came in ernest it felt too...
something...
Summery?
Green?
Not sure.
Normally I do a Halloween mantel but this year I was feeling more outdoorsy.


So I switched it up.


Added some orange.
Changed the wall decor from mirror to art.


Candles for warmth.


I kept the books, bittersweet and a few feathers.
What do you think now?


I may have yet another mantle scape in me before Halloween.
I am booked with shows every weekend from now to Thanksgiving...
sooooooo
we shall see.
If only I didn't have to sleep I could accomplish so much more.
Sigh.

Yours in time management, P.

I am linking too...

Pin It!

3 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I liked your first one and I like this one, too, Pam! I love the second one because that picture is wonderful. I have a thing for bunnies!

Sue said...

Pam, I love the simplicity of the white owl mantel, but the rabbit picture just stole my heart! It's always fun to change things up, so why not keep them both? What a great job on both. :-)

sweetvintageofmine said...

I think the second one is my favorite! I love the bunnies! And it does seem warmer with the candles...very lovely!! Roxie