Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fall Decorating Step One

I am noticing lots of fall and Halloween decorating appearing.
A change in the weather can really inspire a new look.


I adore Halloween and all the colors and fun and spookiness.
Just not quite yet.
I am going to take it slow this year.
Ease into the haunting of the house.
Savor the beginnings of autumn first.


Owls and bittersweet.
Turkey feathers found in the field.


The change in light calls for warmer colors.


Simple and natural.
A good base to add to at leisure.


How about you?
Spookifying or fallifying?
I love them both.

Yours in golden days, P.

Pin It!

3 comments:

trash talk said...

Pammie,
I'm lovin' the mantlescape...'specially the owls. Reminds me of joke..."Not you fuzzy butt." Not that I mean "you" you...that's the punch line.
Oh heck...you know what I mean!
I'm hoping to find bittersweet when we get to the shows. It doesn't grow here in Texas...darn the luck!
LYttH
Deb

zandra said...

Love the owls! Mine is more cutesy than scary.
Hugz, Z

Debra @ Common Ground said...

WHAT??? where did you find all those amazing owls? I'm crazy for your mantle! and I'm wanting bittersweet and don't know where to find any this year! so glad you joined in Pam. LOVE the all white theme here!