Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Guest Room/Dressing Room/Office Make Over


Inspiration in the form of creative bloggers finally lit a fuse under my rear.
Monday morning the ever so prolific Kristi, of Addicted 2 Decorating, posted about the return of her "Make it Happen Mondays".
No pressure, just make a list of those pesky unfinished projects around your home and finish one.
Brilliant right? 
Well sometimes these things drag on forever until motivation hits.
Kristi lit the fire of a project I have been wanting to complete for months and months.
Maybe like 8?
Hey, whatever, it's been since January.
Roeschel, at DIY Showoff, turned her guest room into a beautiful dressing room for herself.
I am sure you have seen it all over the internet.
Mind you, my room isn't nearly as large and since my son moved back last year to finish school this tiny extra room has been a storage space for crap.
(Not the crap in the picture below, thats my crap...er I mean collection.)


I would love to have turned it into just a place to dress but I have managed to figure a way to incorporate 2 beds, a small office and a place to finish dressing. 
Those final touches like jewelry.
OK.
 Don't judge.
I was a rep for lia sophia jewelry for several years.
A lot of this is samples I purchased...
for work...
seriously...
What can I say, I like jewelry.
It was all stuck in a jewelry case, tangled and hidden.
I never bothered to wear it because it was such a hassle to find.


I took some of my display pieces from the jewelry shows and loaded up my daughter's old dresser.
Now it is all right in front of me.
I am also indulging myself in a little bit of color and fun.
A little bit?
I have so many childhood pieces and collections and reminders of those happy days growing up.  
Now they are out of their boxes and joyously displayed.



You junking girls know where I am coming from.
This is the perfect room to go a bit crazy with color.
After all, it is my little space to hide.
I still have a long way to go but yesterday morning this room really did look like a storage container.
Now I know where everything is.
I have managed to get my jewelry organized and my computer out of the craft room where it was being covered in glitter.
Poor Mac.


Just a little peak for now.
I still need bedding and a window treatment and a bit more tidying.
Oh and I want to paint the dresser.
Maybe white.
I intend to do it all without spending any money just by shopping the house.
Did I mention this will be my reading room too?
Maybe I will make one purchase.
Some soft white cotton flannel sheets for cozy evenings.

Yours in a room of her own, P.
Pin It!

4 comments:

Debby said...

Sounds like a fun room. I like the little red shelf. Can't wait to see more. Are you done with craft shows for awhile.....do you have ones coming up in the fall.

sweetvintageofmine said...

We need that little room/space for ourselves! The jewelry display is gorgeous! LOVE IT! I am setting up my craft/work room in a finished area of my basement this winter. So tired of all the stuff in my dining room/office. GOOD READING! From one sweetie to another~~~Roxie

Geralyn Gray said...

Love it!!!! First thing I noticed was the chicken wire in the frame with Little Red Riding Hood.........I loved that class and I loved seeing your finished creation in person! and I know where you got those Pt. Pleasant postcards from!!!!!

Susie Q said...

Look forward to seeing what you do! I love all your sweet shelves...and that Little Red Riding Hood book caught my eye! Love all your treasures!
Love,
Sue