Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Flea Market Finds and Serendipity

A bit of a random and wandering post.
Yesterday was one of those especially delightful days that fall together serendipitously to 
make us say "Yes, this is a pleasant life."
I met up with two long lost school friends.
We have recently become reacquainted through serendipity.
 It seems that the very things that drew us together those many years ago
are the things that draw us now.
We began the day with some early morning flea market shopping at White's.
Oh what a lovely haul.
You will be seeing some of this at the Vintage Marketplace in Springfield in a few weeks.


Serendipity led me to a space where I could assuage my thirst for vintage children's books.
Perfect for my new Office/Girl Retreat.
Say it with me...
"serendipity".
My new found old friends love junking as much as I do.
and again...
(you know what to say).
Talking and shopping and discovering was the order of the day.
We topped the morning off with a scrumptious lunch and 
stops at two of my favorite non vintage shops,


The girls had not visited either shop before.
Two new serendipitous finds for them.

OK laying off the repetition but it is such a perfect word.
A happy accident.
Much of the best experiences in life do happen this way.
The origin is fascinating to me as well.
The word was coined by Horace Walpole from a Persian fairytale, "The Three Princes of Serendip"
and their gift for making accidental discoveries.
How apt when applied to us junkers.


We parted with hugs and promises for future adventures.
Back home I unloaded the van and checked some emails.
EEEEK! 
Scrolling down the list of fabulous craft ideas that is Craft Gossip I paused in amazement.
My Dollar Tree candle wraps were featured!!!!
Well kiss my grits and call me breakfast!
See what I am saying?
Serendipity...


Back home I played a bit in my room redo.
Still needs work but I was busy fiddling with the minutia instead of
cleaning windows and mirrors.
Managing a table for night time reading.
Arranging a photo of my beloved grandma and me.


Basically playing.
A lovely day from start to finish.


I did purchase some sheets for the beds.
Now they are awaiting a tweak or two. 
Some colorful trim perhaps?
OK back to work.


Why can't I just daydream?

Yours in Serendipity, P.
Pin It!

2 comments:

trash talk said...

Serendipity sounds like the perfect name for ice cream doesn't it? Or maybe a hair product for a perfect curl for a perfect girl every time!!! Now Trixie...that's a whole 'nother post!
Loving your room.
LYttH!
Magenta Lame'

Emom said...

What FUN!!!.....smiles