Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, July 6, 2012

Junk Quirkiness

I am gearing up for City Flea.
This time it will take place in our newly reno'd Washington Park.
That happens to be across from historic Music Hall.
The Flea will be held there on July 14th, also coinciding with the closing ceremonies of the 

I Loooooovvvve my awesome city!!!!!
Check out the links and see for yourself.
Cincinnati is fantastic.


I will be sharing a smattering of what I will have for sale at the Flea this week.
Like this awesome b-load of vintage formica chips that may become jewelry, or bling for a chandy or, well, something other than their intended purpose.
If I get to it that is.
I will be packing and sorting and blah blah blah...
but I will surely add more good junk as I pack it up this week.


Oh, as promised, quirkiness.
Not sure if this tray is tragic or terrific.
Yes, that is inlaid glitter.
I am thinking late 60's, early 70's.
Has anyone seen a similar piece?
I am leaning towards terrific for my vote.


This snazzy number is dated 1977.
Imagine it included in a retro themed art wall.
Oh yes you can!
The funky frame...
the orange and brown...
the handmadenessssss...
what's not to love?

Yours in junkyliciousness, P.

PS I WILL be doing the Vintage Marketplace with my fab Junque Magnet buddy Carrie in September.
Excited is such an understatement.
Pin It!

4 comments:

JunqueMagnet said...

Ummm, I am a little, nay a lot in live with those chips. Round ones. You found round ones?!! I've always known you were a Junque Goddess but this proves it. Terrific. Terrific. How could you utter tragic with that tray? Kick some City Flea rump and have a blast!

trash talk said...

I bow before you oh Queen of Mid-Centurian!
Love the chips...now let them fall where they may!
LYttH!!!
Deb

sissie said...

Hi Pam,
I wish that I lived nearby so I could visit your sale. I know it's going to be a wonderful one.

Hope it cools down so you won't melt.

hugs
Sissie

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

To me the tray is tragic...but there are many out there who will think it terrific! :) All a matter of taste. It has to be so interesting doing what you do. would love it! :)