Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Morning at Frippery Farmhouse, Glamour Shot Fail

Morning light in the entry.
Reality check, dust bunnies the cat dragged from beneath the cabinet.


Try again, less dust, no cat.


Shot from waist height to hide the laundry basket waiting to be dealt with.


Light hits the bookshelves at a perfect angle.
You can see my dining room in the background cluttered with pieces awaiting paint.


Trying to block messy dining room in this shot.
Hmmm, not quite there, and why is there a piece of paper on the dining room floor?


I give up.
Life , and homes, are not meant to be perfect.
Living goes on here, and work and play.
BTW you should see what is stacked just out of sight behind the bookcases.
Piles of junk waiting to be priced.


Just a little reality check here at Frippery Farmhouse.

Your in imperfection, P.

PS Speaking of imperfection, what happened to Playlists pop out player.
No more music here at Frippery I guess.
Pin It!

12 comments:

JunqueMagnet said...

Love that furniture. You know I am a fan of keeping it real. Thanks for the reality. There is such beauty in the truth of everyday!

Geralyn Gray said...

I have a Saturday morning like the old days.....it was nice to stop by and see what you were up to. Your photographs of flowers are stunning and I loved tge pictures going through the Antique show.....I was going to putter around the house some more but I think I am going to walk the giant flea market in Ocean Grove instead.....thanks to your inspiration!!!!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I haven't had music for a while on my blog...I don't know why. I guess I just didn't feel like messing around with it. You should see my house right now. My granddaughter just left after a few days and it is a wreck. We had fun so I didn't bother but now I have to get cracking because my sister is coming to visit for 2 weeks! Photographing our homes is a nice visual illusion sometimes....you never know what is behind the wall or stuffed in the cupboard! ~Hugs, Patti

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Looks pretty perfect to me! I love that sideboard! You should see my house....the den/office currently has stuffing all over the floor where Franklin decided to pull all the stuffing out of the dog bed. It's been like that for two days. I haven't gotten up the energy to clean it all up. He's a little rascal.

Jo said...

My house looks like a disaster blew threw it! but my photos always look perfect - glad no one can see to the side and behind me lol

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I saw all the beautiful white furniture and thought..how wonderful and then I spied the cat. He/she out shines it all!! Gorgeous cat!

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Hi Pam, at least it's just dust bunnies. I always love stepping in a coughed up furball, yuck! Have to say that no matter what you're hiding your home is so lovely and romantic. the wall colors are so soft and fresh, really pretty. that white piece is seriously gorgeous! and I have to say I loved reading your post about aging; really wonderful advice!

sissie said...

Wherever the kitties roam in my house there are fur balls flying everywhere. Dust seems to follow them too! LOL!

I love your home and the pretty things on the shelves. Who says everything has to be perfect to be lovely.

hugs
Sissie

sweetvintageofmine said...

Pam, I absolutely LOVE that painted piece in your hallway entry? Beautiful! And that dining room table is gorgeous as well (also the chandelier) Hey, we all have dust bunnies, things laying here and there, we live in our homes!! Thanks for being REAL! from one sweetie to another...Roxie

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Hehe!! I am loving this post!! Everything looks beautiful to me paper, kitty, dust bunnies and all :)

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh, you know we all do shots like that, that's why the camera has a zoom lens!!!
Your home is gorgeous. If that was a the clutter I had to deal with, I'd say bring it on!
Have a great week!
Patti

westernreservebutlerspantry said...

I have a stash in the corner of my dining area too. In this tiny place it's impossible to hide. Your photos are lovely! It looks all calm haha. Oh boy I gave up on perfection when I moved to a tiny home.
Best,
Kathy