Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Evanescence

Time has gotten away from me.


The days fly so swiftly we barely notice their passage.


Moments so ephemeral we can barely grasp them.
Gone.


All the wishing that time will stop and let us catch up is just that...a wish...
whispered on the wind and off it flies.


We must make a conscious effort to live in the moment.


Time will not wait for us.
Let us make the most of it when we can.

My temp job is over and I have my life back for a bit.
I intend to make the most of these free bits of time.
I have hopes and plans.
As a friend's dear mother used to say
"Wishin' ain't gettin'."
Let's make our dreams happen.
Join me.

Yours in making the most of our days, P.


Pin It!

9 comments:

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

The older we get we have to make that decision to consciously live in the moment. We know we can never get it back and time goes too fast. I know you just said all that too, but it is something I think about more and more. I see my grandchildren getting older much too fast....that's scary. It's the simple things in life we have to enjoy. Hope you are taking the time today to enjoy the warmth of the sunshine on your shoulders. ~Hugs, Patti

Vintage Jane said...

Words so true. I try to catch it but time constantly escapes me. I have fun along the way though ... M x

Vintage Jane said...

Words so true. I try to catch it but time constantly escapes me. I have fun along the way though ... M x

Debby said...

So true. Time just flies by too fast.
I have missed you. Are you going to Springfield. I think I am going tomorrow. Maybe Sat. as well, but we will see.

sweetvintageofmine said...

Missed Ya, Pam! Hey, we have to do what we have to do! Have a GREAT SHOW tomorrow at SPRINGFIELD!(you and MS. JUNQUE MAGNET) Was planning on being in the show a while back but a wedding came about! Would have LOVED to see ya gals! From one sweetie to another....Roxie

trash talk said...

Pammie, I've missed you. Thoss pesky big girl jobs sure can get in the way of those moments of holding on.
Are you going to be at the VM this weekend? Gah...I knew I wanted to go there!
Missing you like heck and loving LYttH.
Deb

Teacup Mosaics said...

You have captured time flying away perfectly. Yes, I will join you and couldn't agree more!
Happy Weekend! Kelley

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Ok! :):)

B said...

Gorgeous pictures, enjoy your free time. Hugs, B x