Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Swan Song


Can you smell them?
This is what I will miss the most. 
I am heading to Columbus for Artiscape
My lilacs will be wilted by the time this weekend ends.
Such is life, as grandma Florence said.


I will be reunited with my girl Sandy and lot's of wonderfully creative women.
What's not to love?
My lilacs will bloom again next year and life will be bathed in green and yellow 
and all the colors of the rainbow for summer soon.
Bye bye my loves.
I will see you again next spring.


What is your favorite flower of spring?

Each day is an opportunity to begin, P.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Debby said...

Have a great time. Maybe next year I will go. Anxious to see what you make.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Good morning! Those lilac's are absolutely gorgeous!! I have never grown any and am not certain how they would do here...but after seeing these, I certainly would like to try! They only bloom for a short time??..but OH what a show!
They grew over our porch in Portland Oregon..and I never forgot their beauty! Ours were lavendar. Not sure if I have a favorite flower but it would be the rose. Definitely the rose now that I think about it!
Have a wonderful time! See you soon.
Love,
Mona

Laura said...

How beautiful!
I am so grateful when something blooms, my favorites change continually!

But when something returns each year- that is extra special.

Laura
White Spray Paint

NadineisthatU said...

When I lived in Columbus, 30 years ago, I loved going to an old time "Frank Sanatra" type restaurant, in Bexley, on Main St. It is still there. Called The Top, with starlight ceiling, grand piano, and a cappacina machine behind the horseshoe bar that took up the whole wall. Worth the trip. Its still a steak house.

Emom said...

I can almost smell them!....smiles

busanalayali said...

Your photos are just amazing! I am so in love with them!
toko busana muslim

Ioana-Carmen said...

This is so sweet! what do you say about following each other?:X

FashionSpot.ro

Ivy and Elephants said...

Missing your great posts:(
Hugs,
Patti