Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, February 27, 2012

Fresh Farmhouse Entry Redo

Hi my friends,
Not sure if you can remember way back last year when I decided to use pastels to soften up my previously striped entry. 
Read about it here.
It was pretty but sweet was the operative word. 
As in too sweet to live with any longer.
I know, I have a problem
However I do believe the problem has been solved.


Much better.
The same soft gray that I recently used in my stairway now continues into the entry.
A touch of bead board wallpaper just in the utility area of the entry hall.


Yes, neutral enough that I can change out accent colors without painting...yet again...


Better right?
Yes, my little section of wall here is slightly off kilter, but hey, 
aren't we all?


Ah, peace and simplicity.


I have some news too.
Did you hear about Vintage Marketplace Style?
It is coming to the Springfield Extravaganza in May.
Sue Whitney will be there! So will Frippery!
Sweet Junque Magnet, Carrie has invited me to share a space with her.
I am beyond excited for this.
I will be blathering on about it in future posts.
Just so you know.
For now just click those links for more...


Now my entry is all settled, I start back to work tomorrow and I am still working on the bedroom
but I will also be hunting down some wonderful pieces to bring to the Vintage Marketplace.


Matter of fact a few of the pieces displayed in my entry will probably be there too!
Check back to see what shows up.

Begin and good things will follow, P.
Pin It!

14 comments:

Marilyn said...

I considered grey for a bedroom but every time I looked at a shade of grey I liked I saw hues of blue. So-o-o-o I chose a soft oatmeal!!
Love your makeover !!
Happy Monday!!
Marilyn

Debby said...

Beautiful pictures. I'd love to see your beautiful home someday.
Exciting news. You will be busy. Do you know the date in May.
I had to cancel out on the soldering class......she said she would offer it sometime again and I will get to go for free then. (I'd hope, hah)
(((((HUGS)))))

Julie said...

Your entry is just lovely. The grey looks wonderful. You're giving me some good ideas on what to do with my very boring entryway.

sissie said...

Hi Pam,
Your entryway is looking so pretty.
I love the shade of gray that you chose.
I wish you luck on your upcoming event.

hugs
Sissie

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

I LOVE the bead board walls for an entryway and would like to do my back entryway, small bathroom and laundry room all in bead board. It's makes such a finished look to smaller utility type spaces in a house. Perfect!

Carole said...

I remember that post of the before. I like the neutral look and like you said it and you can always add color with the seasons.
Love the lampstand.
x
Carole

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Calm, orderly, inviting. Your entry is all those things and everything that mine is not. Of course I don't have an entry...which would be part of the problem probably! Coffee tables are my problem. Mine NEVER looks good.
But of course I will be back to see what you have to show us! You bet!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Looks great Pam! Very fresh looking!~Patti

Pam said...

How exciting for you! I'll stop by your booth. Love your blue cedar chest in the entryway!

Marilyn said...

I am having a Pillowcase Giveaway ! !
Stop By before 3/10 & leave a comment...
Have a Great Day!!
Marilyn

savvycityfarmer said...

wish I could reel myself in to this simplicity!!

just lovely

trash talk said...

Pammie,
This is modern farmhouse at it's finest. I love it and the clean, fresh feeling you've created. Good job!!!
LYttH!
Deb
P.S. Does my comment sound like an ad for feminine products?

sweet vintage of mine.blogspot said...

Ms. Pam....Love the soft tone in your entry and especially LOVE the BEADBOARD paper!! I almost put it in an area coming from my kitchen to my garage. Still may....Can't tell it from the real thing...Looks so Farmhouseeee! Love that old-fashioned Look! From one sweetie to another.... Roxie

The Magical Christmas Wreath Company said...

Just discovered you blog and am having lots of fun reading. Your photos are wonderful. Paul