Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Winter Mantel

Hello friends,
Couldn't do it.
Simply had to keep a tiny bit of Christmas.
My evergreen garland remains on the mantel as part of a winter vignette.


A winter camp out in the woods.


One of my little assemblages.
The words say "Cherish these moments..."
I had considered a string of marshmallows but thought that might be taking things too literally.


Plus my real life giant marshmallow might just decide to pull the whole thing down in her quest for random snacks that might be eaten when those pesky humans aren't looking.


Just keeping it real.
Other news...
We may get our first real snow of the year this week! 
Not that I hate the springlike temps but it is January, right?
Keeping my fingers crossed.

Don't forget to begin, P.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Jessabells said...

Looks great. Your dog is adorable!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I think the mantle looks great and I LOVE the evergreen on it...it does look all wintery!

Love the Giant Marshmellow too!

Lou Cinda

Vintage Jane said...

What a sweet dog - how could you deny him a marshmallow?! Your mantel looks lovely - I still have a little bit of mistletoe up. M x

Debby said...

Oh my gosh I love your dog. Is he/she a golden doodle or a labradoddle?
Love your winter scene. I haven't decided what to put up since taking Christmas down. With this warm weather it makes you think it's Spring. Someone said to me it was eery today. Kinda is but I heard as well that snow is on it's way.

HRH Sarah said...

Love your mantle... and I wanna squeeze that dog!!!!