Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, January 30, 2012

Plans at Frippery Farmhouse

The clock is ticking.
A few weeks until I go back to work for my yearly temp assignment.
15 weeks of 40 hours.
Not a lot of time for all the really big projects I would like to tackle.
To say nothing of the art, craft and vintage shows I would like to enter.
Why am I talking?
I need to get moving!!!
Much neglected master bedroom needs a LOT of help...
as in total facelift plus some reconstructive surgery.
A few cosmetics and treatment creams just ain't gonna get it for this space, hee hee.


How have I lived with this awful outdated funky green faux paint for so long?
I have agonized over a new color... like forever.
The walls are going to get a coat of Restoration Hardware's Slate.
I saw it in the local store and fell in love.
Seeing it in a space (albeit a fabulous space) helped tremendously.
I will be giving this room a head to toe make over.
Floor to ceiling plus furniture overhaul for very little money (aside from that gorgeous paint).
Our bedroom has been anything but a restful retreat for years.
The non budget isn't changing anytime soon and I am finished waiting. 
I am ready to begin.


Big news.
I have also been hired by a dear friend to style her beautiful daughter's wedding.
It will take place in this fantastic barn and the grounds surrounding it.
I can't wait to get my hands on this space.
You will have to wait until the end of August to see what we do here.


I have also been working on our upstairs bath. 
Remember the clearance sale cowboy hooks that went into the closet redo?
I don't waste a thing here.
The back wood piece will be transformed simply by adding new hooks.


These have been hanging around for who knows how long, waiting to find a home.
They will give everyone a place to put wet towels besides the floor.
Ahem. (hint to the family)


The guest room is on the list too. 
I am in the process of clearing as we speak.
Errr... as I speak...
I have been wanting to make it a dressing/guest room 
since we haven't used the room for guests in several years. 
Then I saw a post from DIY Showoff.
She is doing just that.
You can bet I will be watching for her progress on her lovely room. 
Check out her painted subfloors.
Speaking of lovely,
and subfloors, 
have you seen the subfloor redo at Lovely Etc.?
Oh My Goodness!!!!
Go see, right now!
OK enough blathering...
I will try to check in in my spare time, snort.

Just begin, P.

Pin It!

8 comments:

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

I did see the subfloor redo Lovely Etc. did and it's awesome! She lives in the same town I do and I've been to her booth at a local consignment shop. She's quite creative!

Lynn said...

Whew! You are going to be deliciously BUSY!!!!! Can't wait to see the outcomes!

Sue said...

Pam, You are gonna have so much fun with that wedding! and I'm sure that it will be gorgeous, too. glad you'll be busy for the next few months in your temp job. til then, have fun getting some work done on your house!
Hugs, Sue

Ashley Perry said...

Pam! I saw you at the DIY Showoff!! Thanks for commenting! Happy to be your newest follower!

JunqueMagnet said...

I am absolutely in love with your "just begin" phrasing. It has gotten me off my rump a few times and I find myself saying it as I start to procrastinate! Remember, you/me and Mason. Thrifting awaits.

The DIY Show Off said...

Awe, Pam! You're so sweet and completely made my day (a long day it was!). Thank you so much! I'll be sharing the guest bedroom/dressing room tomorrow! Finally! It's so nice to have my clothes, shoes and accessories organized.

The first step is the plan! I can't wait to see your progress and reveals. I love the color you've decided for the master bedroom. The wedding sounds fabulous! I can't wait to see the details as they come up!

Looking forward to following along! ;)

Have a great week!

Roeshel

Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

ooohhh--what fun decorating that barn will be! All the beautiful wedding-related things I see on Pinterest makes me want to have another wedding! Enjoy!!

Susie Q said...

You will have so much fun with the wedding I know...and I have NO doubt you will do a fabulous job! It is going to be beautiful!
Love,
Sue