Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Meanings

One of my favorite bowls was broken a day or two ago.
Beyond any reasonable repair.
I gathered the pieces.
Maybe this chipped object could be reshaped.
Made anew in a different configuration.
The pieces are still lovely, just a bit worse for wear.
The new creation might become even more than the old one ever could have been.
This break was a eureka moment for me.
A new direction that I hadn't completely formed in my head became quite clear.
I am beginning to take the steps toward change.
Broken may mean split, torn, rent or cracked.


A break could be an accidental misfortune. 
However a break is also a stroke of luck,
an advantage, chance or opportunity.
This little slip from the hand to the floor is just that.
I am going to take advantage of this break to try something different.
We are all broken in places, but those breaks can be forged into a 
new configuration of the person we were. 
A plan, a model, a framework for something better.
Take advantage of the breaks life puts in your path.

Begin, P.
Pin It!

2 comments:

sissie said...

Beautifully said Pam.
thanks for the words of wisdom.

BTW, I love your new profile pic.
You are a pretty girl!

hugs
Sissie

Emom said...

Of course!.....smiles