Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Clean Winter Decorating

We finally got our first snow.
Snow?
Maybe more like a quick dust.
Last year we were measuring in feet by now.
This year not even an inch.


A girl can still pretend she is snowed in and get all cozy and domestic.
I cleaned and cleared the counters.
Only left the things we use on a daily basis.


A few of my not useful but loved pieces went up to the high shelves and tops of cabinets.
Now everything not necessary is out of the way.
Easy to maintain.
This will free up more time to play.


 Calm and clean.
Maybe now the rest of the family will be more than happy to tidy up...
kidding.
Rid myself of many tschotskes cluttering other surfaces as well.


Ahhh simplicity reigns.


At least on the table tops.
A flick of the duster and done.
Ok winter, bring on more snow!


What feels better than a good de-clutter at the beginning of a new year?

Just begin, P.

P.S. If you are in Southwest Ohio, Ohio Valley Antiques is having a huge sale Today and Sunday.
The sellers will be wheeling and dealing.
I have marked down many items to prepare my space for a make over.
Booth 127.
Stop by and find a treasure!
Pin It!

6 comments:

trash talk said...

Pam...I'm in the same cleaning mode. If I'm not using it...I'm not dusting it anymore!
It feels kinda nekkid around here, but I do believe I'm gonna get used to it real quick.
Deb
P.S. I wish I was as clever as you when it came to mantle make-up!

Debby said...

It looks great. I need to get busy now. Wish I could do the antique fair today. Too cold and icy in our neck of the woods. Good luck.

Sue said...

It looks so neat and tidy!! My rooms last a couple of days like this then BAM- it's back to stuff everywhere, once again! LOL
No snow, you silly girl! We got a coupla inches and that is plenty for me. I want spring to come soon. I need to come see your booth- maybe with my new pal, Kathy. I should call her, huh? Stay warm, Pam! Sue

JunqueMagnet said...

I love you but you're a little bit evil. Naturally I headed out to OVAM aftering seeing this. So while you're decluttering I'm adding more junque! Found two more trophies for the collection, and a restaurant ware creamer, and...!!!!!!!!!! And there's a table I keep thinking of which means I might have to go back today. Oh the lines - there was a HUGE line to check out.Excited to see what new goodies you put in the booth.Enjoy!

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Simplicity DOES reign. Having too many things around almost makes me nervous. Your place looks nice!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I'm..I'm..no, I just cannot clear everything away. I cannot or simply don't want to "declutter". I LOVE my clutter, I tell you!! LOVE IT!
When I need uncluttered I'll just hop over and look at your smooth surfaces! :) I'm sick, I know!! :)