Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, January 6, 2012

Bye Bye my Pretties

Hello friends,
Happy Epiphany!

Sadie and I are off to take a metal welding class at Hammersong Farm.
We will be making a wind sculpture.
A BIG wind sculpture.
As in here's hoping we can fit it into the Subaru to haul it home.
We are taking steps to learn a new skill.
Perhaps another beginning?

It is good that I will be away for a day or two.
I won't feel the loss of my Christmas baubles so keenly.


I know I mentioned my issue with endings.


Each year these are the pieces I put away last...and miss the most...


They are the sparkly reminders of childhood wonder and I always feel a bit bereft when I pack them away. 
They were so pretty all gathered on the dining room table 
that I took a few shots before I tucked them in.
(Would it be weird to keep these photos in my wallet? Ha ha heehee, just kidding.)


Bye bye my pretties.
I will see you next Christmas.


I have been working on a winter mantel to tide me through January.
Just a glimpse here.
Carrie, do you recognize those thermos bottles? 
I get the best junk from you!
They are just the right touch for my cozy winter theme.


See you when we return filled with new knowledge and a little mother/daughter girl trip fun too.


I will content myself with the knowledge that the bright winter sun will provide enough sparkle to get us through 'til spring.


See you next week!

Let's begin, P.

Pin It!

8 comments:

Sue said...

Have fun being creative, Pam! I'm still working on my Xmas. It took 4 weeks to put up and I'm one week into taking it down. LOL When does it end?

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Although I don't set out too many sparkly items for the Holiday season... still... I miss what little I do have sprinkled throughout the house. Seems the light dims until the buds of spring arrive. :-) Enjoy your trip.

Debby said...

Have fun at the workshop and be sure to share the results.
he sun is shining today and it makes uch a difference.

JunqueMagnet said...

Oh I'm laughing out loud. Truly we must have been separated at birth. Wait till you see my blog post today. Uncanny...
Have a blast (hee hee). Make sure you have to drive home with the hatch open because your creation is THAT big. Enjoy.

Hopemore Studio said...

Ahh yes, the love of vintage ornaments..they melt my heart too. I've been on the lookout for some red white and blue ones just so I can bring then out in July :-)

Have fun at your class!
Angie

sissie said...

Hi Pam,
I'm about to cry. You are making me miss my pretties too and they are already put away! LOL!

Taking a metal sculturing course sounds like lots of fun and work.
Can't wait to see your creation.

hugs
Sissie

Laura said...

Miss Pam- you have a blast.
No endings.
(I am EXACTLY the same way.)

Your photography is stunning.

I just feel a dynamic spirit here.

You go girl!

Laura
White Spray Paint

special 'k' said...

Oh! I am still packing away Christmas 2011. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope twenty twelve is everything you wish for and more. I am so glad I found you. I will follow on my way out so I can revisit. I hope you can find the time to come visit me and do the same. I look forward to engaging throughout the year. Cheers SpecialK XoXo