Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tablescapes and Mantel Parties

Hello friends,
Craft show season has ended with a sigh of relief.
Now I can play!
Slowly making Christmas is like rearranging toys on a shelf.
Fun, joyful...relaxing?
Let's not get carried away.
I am feeling a touch behind but no rush.
I am going slowly, using less, and savoring each little snippet.
Using more of what is already on display and leaving that multitude of bins fairly untouched.
I did however, want to join the Holiday Home Link Parties being hosted by Layla, Rhoda, Kate and Sarah.
Nothing I love more than peeking into other's homes at Christmas.
Well, maybe less creepy, but you get my drift. 

So...Better late than not at all, I am sharing two posts in one.


 A little intimate buffet at the breakfast table.


I am going in a different direction this year. 
Colors of the woods surrounding Frippery Farmhouse.
Everyday items that will last past Christmas and into the winter winds of the New Year.


Colors of warm cognac and bare winter tree limbs.
Soft paisley pashmina used as a runner.


A rusted metal garden tote from my friend Carrie holds glittery florals.
(Side note, I had filled my home with fresh greens from my trip to the garden center. Due to severe allergic reactions from a few family members they are now lovingly displayed on the porch.
Decorating buzz kill!)


Simple, everyday festive.


Of course I must have that glitter fix.
Loving the sequin tips.


Won't you join me?

On to the mantel.
(Keep in mind the fragrant greens that had to be removed. OK just let it go Pam!)
Actually I have found the white mantel to be quite soothing.


Winter on a snowy evening.


Owls keeping watch over us all.


A quiet woodland scene.
I can almost hear the snow falling, that hushed magic.


Black, white and brown, the colors outdoors in the frosty months ahead.


Plus, no evergreen needles to sweep.
(See, I couldn't let it go.)


I hope you enjoyed your little peek inside Frippery Farmhouse.
I am linking to Layla and Rhoda's parties today. Go check out all the other lovely homes.
Really...it's OK...they invited you in...you don't have to peek through the windows...


"Christmas is the time for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart."
Washington Irving

Yours in hospitality, P.
Pin It!

6 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

love all those owls! i got a few mercury glass ones from xmas tree shop, so i'm glad to finally be able to use them. i see them everywhere now. yours in white look great, and love that star.

Hopemore Studio said...

Very pretty Pam! I too love the owls, they are just so unexpected.

~Angie

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

This is all gorgeous Pam!! I love it all! The tree! SO pretty!

Lou Cinda

Dorthe said...

Hi Pam, what a wonderful decorated home, I love your white mantel ,with owls and glittering star-and the brown glasses- I have 3 of them myself-- do you know what they are??? New- older ?? I live in Denmark, and think it is funny to see the same in your home :)
Love your table with the garden tote.
xo,Dorthe

Debby said...

Your decorating is beautiful. Love the mantel and those owls. I am glad that you can rest and enjoy now. Happy Holidays.

sissie said...

Hi Pam,
I love your Christmas theme and the colors that you chose. Everything, with the exception of your live greenery, LOL, looks magical and elegant.

hugs
Sissie