Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Christmas Wish for You

Merry Christmas sweet friends,
It is time to put down the dust cloth, wrap that last package and call it done.
No fretting about what isn't "perfect".
No last ditch effort to add one more "little" project.
Just rest and savor the days.


No worries about that bit of cat drool sliding down the window.
Who will even notice once the lights are lit and the candle's glowing?
The joy of being together is all the "perfection" we need.


So what if that suction cup holding the star didn't get covered by a beautiful brown satin ribbon?
This season comes and goes too quickly to get caught up in minutia.


We love the part of the season that calls for decking the halls and making our homes lovely for visitors.
Now it is time to relax.


What didn't get done is not important.
Life and hope and joy are.


So light those candles and put on some beautiful music.
Revel in the beauty.
Laugh with friends.
Shed a tear for Christmas memories and make lovely new ones.


If a bottle of Febreze shows up in a photo of your Christmas home tour, hey, at least we know the house smells fresh!


If an angel is missing an arm or a wing those chips and imperfections show how well loved the pieces of Christmas past have been.


I wish you joy in your hearts throughout the season and my hope for you is that all is calm and bright.


Take it slow and taste each delicious moment.
Drink in all the faces of loved ones.
Be at peace.


I will see you in the New Year.
Love and hugs, P.

This post is linked to Donna at Funky Junk's Home Tour
Pin It!

9 comments:

Marilyn said...

Merry Christmas ! !
Marilyn

Hopemore Studio said...

Merry Christmas Pam, looking forward to seeing you in the New Year!

Sue said...

Beauriful, Pam! Glad you house both looks AND smell s good. LOL Here's wishing you lots of good Christmas wishes. Maybe we can get together soon. xo Sue

niartist said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

Artie
http://niagarnovice.blogspot.com
Color Outside the Lines

Kathy said...

Pam, What beautiful thoughts and photos. Hope you had the merriest Christmas and wishing you the happiest New Year! Take care, Kathy

Emom said...

Oh, I am laughing.....one of my wise men is missing, another has lost his "myrrh", and the star for the top of the tree "migrated" to a child's home....smiles

DearHelenHartman said...

Thank you for visiting my blog so I could come on over and see your gorgeous images and enjoy YOUR blog! Happy New Year!

Red Rose Alley said...

Hello,
I visited your blog today - I saw you on 'Framed and Tagged.' The name Frippery caught my eye. Your blog is so pretty and colorful. I love all of your decorations, especially the red and pink ball ornaments. Me and my daughters started a new blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you. I am decorating my house in the New Year, and your pictures have inspired me to be creative. I hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

zandra said...

Happy New Year, Pam!
Hugz, Z