Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, December 12, 2011

Frippery Farmhouse Christmas Tour

The halls are, for the most part,decked and I am ready for some downtime.
Hot chocolate with peppermint marshmallows and white chocolate chips and an old movie.
My latest sugar, carb and calorie laden indulgence.
Please disregard the crazy path through the rooms. 
Apparently NO attention was being paid to the layout of Frippery farmhouse when loading these photos.
Must have something to do with all that sugar

I made a conscious effort not to give in to my tendency to use every ounce of Christmas decoration in the bins this year.
They really need to be de-stashed. A chore for later days.
I just fluffed and added to those things that I display, love and use on a daily basis.
Peppermint stripes in the kitchen. What could be happier?


Simplicity in the lavender gray stairway.
(I have a story about that tree stand for a later post.)


View from the kitchen to the much more subdued family room.



Back to the entry, are you dizzy yet?
Just a small touch or two on the black shelves.
(That box? Part of the tree stand story. Later...)


 Looking from the entry into the dining room.
I will post glimpses of more detail this week. I didn't want you to end up head down on your keyboard,  drooling and softly snoring from photo overload.


Back to a view of the family room through the kitchen.
This year a woodsy themed walk in a snowy forest.


Turn around and you can see the entry, vintage pastel against black and white. 
A color scheme that I have fallen in love with.


A second look at the owl mantel in the family room.
Okay, I really must lay off the chocolate, my head is spinning from running back and forth.


Even the typewriter is dressed in vintage finery.


Tiny winter scenes under glass.
The watercolors have a snow theme too.


My husband's Radko ornaments are displayed in the pink dining room this year.
Such a happy little tree!



Back to the entry to say a fond farewell for today.
Candy colored dreams to send you on you way.
(Poet and don't know it.)


I am linking to these fantastic Holiday Home tours today.
Grab a cup of hot chocolate and go visiting.
Take my advice and leave out the white chocolate chips.
Too much of a good thing you know...


"Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree.
In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall."
Larry Wilde

Yours in evergreens and fairy lights, P.
Pin It!