Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, November 7, 2011

Frippery is on a Roll

Yes, on a roll...
of wallpaper.
How about you?
I am bored to big drippy tears with plain old painted drywall.
I love the creative paneled walls I see everywhere in blogland but...
I crave pattern...
color...
Waverly's new Evolution Collection has me hooked.
Emom pointed out a Waverly ad here and I realized just how happy it makes me to see wallpaper reemerging as a design choice.

I could love this on a wall in a bathroom.


Oh, my entry is crying out for this one!


Now the floral,
I adore but really it just wouldn't fit anywhere in my home.
Maybe inside my coat closet to give a delightful boost each time the door is opened. 
Hmmmm.......


I have been busily and VERY thriftily making some changes to Frippery farmhouse.
I will be giving glimpses over the next few weeks of maximum change with minimal bucks.

Think browns, greys, black and white with hints of palest pink and mossy green.
I also found several rolls of English wallpaper at GW...for the princessly sum of $1 per roll.
Probably circa the 80's.

I just may get brave and paper a wall or two.
Dare me?

"Don't be afraid to go on the occasional wild goose chase, that's what wild geese are for."
Unknown

Yours in taking chances, P.

Pin It!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

The one you are thinking of putting in your coat closet is very much like what I had in my bathroom in another house. It was my Hussy Bathroom.

Sue said...

Pam, I love wallpaper and if I had my druthers, I'd paper every room! LOL
Why do people absolutely hate it, I wonder? Sure do like that yellow damask! Can't wait to see what you are doing in your house! Hurry up and show us. :-) Sue

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Pam thank you for the prayers for my grandson!
I say wallpaper every room in your beautiful home! Honey if I can wallpaper anyone yes anyone can wallpaper! Go for it and show us the magic!

Hugs, Dolly

P.S. I am drooling over that black floral paper!