Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Decorating, a Long Process


Hello my friends,
I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with love, laughter and lots of deliciousness.
Ours certainly was.
So much so that nary a picture was taken.
We were having way too much fun.
Now I am desperate to get to this...


However I am still working on these...


I decided to keep the steps white.
The black seemed too harsh, plus every little scratch and ding were highlighted. 
There are a lot of them.
Day before Thanksgiving I was hurriedly putting a coat of white over the wear and tear.
Now they look fresh and clean (for a bit).
I had already painted the landing black and not one to waste perfectly good paint I chose to leave the center black and just paint around it. A very basic faux rug, so to speak.


Frog tape and white Rustoleum. Could it get any simpler?


I plan to stencil something in the center area. Hubs suggested a monogram which was brilliant. I had a modern floral circling around my brain originally.
I  believe the monogram may win.


A few touch ups and a couple coats of poly and call it finished.
Now I have to tackle what to do with those freshly painted and newly bare walls.


I do have two more craft shows next Friday and Saturday and my corner of the studio looks like this...


I am only showing you my corner because the rest looks worse!
I think the Christmas decorations must wait a little while longer.
How about you?
Are you decorating this weekend so you can enjoy it longer or taking it slow and savoring each step?
Either way, don't you love this time of year?

"It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air."
W. T. Ellis

Yours in the heart of the season, P.
Pin It!