Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, November 11, 2011

Autumn Around Frippery Farmhouse

 Hello Friends.
As I confessed earlier, I completely skipped the Halloween dec this year.
No one eyed porcelain dolls in bird cages or glitter beaked ravens.
Not even a grinning jack pumpkin.
However, I could not allow the season to pass without a bit of Thanksgiving finery.

  

Autumn is just so lovely on her own that I could not resist asking her to grace the porch. 


She willingly obliged.



I became bolder and she didn't flinch.


 She was such a gracious guest that I invited her to tiptoe gently through the door.



Quietly she graced a nook here and a table top there.


Her bold color outside my windows is brilliant enough to see that a quiet indoor palette will suffice.


Just enough to enhance this season of gratitude.
Plus, when Black Friday hits, I can crank the carols and swiftly transform to a Christmas Wonderland.
So much for my moment of grace, heehee.

"No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace, as I have seen in one autumnal face."
John Donne

Yours in autumn's splendor, P.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Splendid! La - de - dah! tis Autumn!!!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Yes, Fall is starting to wane and time to think about the holidays up ahead. Weren't we just sweating and complaining about the heat?? Now it's time to decorate for the holidays soon and get cozy.
~Hugs, Patti

Emom said...

beautiful.....smiles.