Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday Word Love

Skimble-Skamble
adj : rambling and confused:senseless

This almost describes the gathering process here at Frippery. 
If not the process, the end result, when all the flotsam and jetsam are scattered across the workspace.
(Flotsam and jetsam, more word love, sigh...)



Bits to sell as is, paint, redo, add to...
If you could see the piles you might exclaim "What a skimble-skamble collection of frippery."


Somehow, with a touch of alchemy it falls together into a cohesive inventory of craftiness, vintage fluff, some spankin' new finery and a few pieces you, my friends, just cannot live without!


At least that is my vision.
Perhaps you can look through these fuschia colored glasses of mine and glimpse a trace of magic as well.


My Silver Bella friend Sandy and I will be hitting the yellow brick road to Springfield Antique Show and Country Living Fair in Columbus this weekend.
We hope to load the Subie with a skimble-skamble pile of frippery to be transformed.

"Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."

Roald Dahl in The Minpins

Yours in believing, P.


Pin It!

6 comments:

Debby said...

I love the hand. I hope we run into you but I think we are going opposite days. Have a great time. Make sure and post some pictures.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I believe!!

Have fun!

Lou Cinda :)

Hopemore Studio said...

Have a great time Pam!

Angie

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I love that quote.

JunqueMagnet said...

Have a fabulous time.Wish I could go to CL.Stop by the Kelly Lane booth there - she has awesome stuff and owns a shop here in Lebanon.Hope you find me at Springfield.I'll be the one overwhelmed and panicked! Booth #532. Enjoy your shows!

trash talk said...

Love the words and the way your mind works. Are the two of you going to be Frick and Frack while you skimble skamble?
LYTtH!
Debbie
P.S. Sure wish you could dibble dabble your way to Texas. I miss you.