Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

More Scrumptious Eye Candy

Country Living swings by here only once a year, but the Springfield Antique Show Extravaganza is now happening 3 times a season!
Not to mention the regular months when much loveliness can still be found.


Pretty, colorful, enticing goods.
Sandy and I brought home quite a few.


Stacks and piles of tempting vintage goodness.


Creative upcycling makes for eye catching displays.
Vendors have really been upping their game the last few years.


Candy colors make me happy.


Fantastic use of fabric and paint in this combination.
Sold.
Boohoo.


No lack of shiny objects to distract one from the loss of that brightly painted bench.


Simple pleasures.
Shopping with a dear friend for pieces of the past and knowing just how we will use them.
Here's to friends that "get"it.

"Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods."
Aristotle

Yours like peas in a pod, P.
Pin It!

6 comments:

sissie said...

Isn't it wonderful to blessed with a few friends that "get it!" That's why I love my sister so much, she and I are like two peas in a pod, so when you find a friend like that, then you've been blessed.

Love all the prettiness to be found there. That pink dresser would have gone home with me.

hugs
Sissie

Denise said...

yummy! I especially like the old suitcases. Although I also like the green bench. That's my problem....I love it ALL!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I was so close to going to the Extravaganza because we were spending the day with a friend who lives in Springfield but we could not get a hotel room that night and did not want to impose on our friends. I did see it as we sped by on I-70....maybe next time.~Hugs, Patti

mitzismiscellany.com said...

I'm totally in love with the colorfully painted pieces in your photos. Painting is a great way to update vintage goods so they fit in with our modern lifestyle.

Snappy Di said...

Eye candy is right... what yummy items to wander around and decide which ones to take home. :-))

InMyOwnStyle said...

You are so lucky to have two great fairs in your neck of the woods.
I am so envious. I haven't been to a good fair-show in a long time. Everything around here is just vendors selling new stuff anymore. Your photos are beautiful. I want that lime chair!

My best-Diane