Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth


No sillies, not Disney. 
Country Living Fair!
At least one of the top 10, right?


Sandy and I did a nonstop tour.  
Walked a thousand miles in a weekend.


Stocked up on supplies for mixed media.
Junk Art if you will. 
Wish I could shorten that and coin a new word.
Jart? Nope, already taken.
Arunk? Definitely not!
JA? Too Germanic.


Let's just say, no need to restock our supplies in the very near future.
The creativity was inspiring.
Found myself absolutely geeking several times.


Loved it immensely.
Seeing Sandy again just iced the cake!
One day here, one day at Springfield Antique Show and Sunday morning at Dick Blick, what more can a girl ask for?


If I could fly (I mean literally, with wings...my own) I would be in Atlanta.
Can one be a Dead Head for Country Living Fair? 


Not even going to try for an acronym for that .


Just a lovely place to be.

"The only difference between an extraordinary life and an ordinary one is the extraordinary pleasures
you find in ordinary things."

Veronique Vienne

Yours in finding the everyday marvels, P.

Pin It!

7 comments:

Snappy Di said...

Good golly miss molly... that place is swonderful, and smarvelous! I'd have been out of my gourd checking things out. What fun!

Claudia said...

Ah, how lucky you are! I bet it was just fabulous. I'm glad I can visit it through your pretty pictures. Thanks!

xo
Claudia

sissie said...

Ooh, Pam, what a show place. I would love to spend hours just gawking and drooling over it all.

hugs
Sissie

Marilyn said...

Gad-Zooks..... What a great place to be!! Could very well be The Happiest Place on Earth!!
Marilyn

Debby said...

Wasn't it fun. I loved that lemonaid stand. I saw that big chest and that oilcloth lady. The big pumpkin stack.....a little boy pulled a gourd out from the bottom and ran and showed his dad.....everyone laughed.
How did it compare to Springfield?

Auntie Bliss said...

creative and intriguing! bohemian and sentimenal all mixed up.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Fabulous!!! I am going to the one in Atlanta in October and I CANNOT wait!!! I am SO excited!!!!

Beautiful!

Lou Cinda