Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Deconstruction, Reconstruction

Thank you for the many compliments on my garden in the last post...sigh...I wish I could take credit!  Alas, those flowers and that home are not mine. I shot those photos at our last New Richmond show. Such lovely historic homes front the Ohio River in that quaint tiny town.
Maybe I could sneak there under cover of darkness and ...
No I guess not.

Instead, my yard has been looking like this...


Deconstruction and then reconstruction by a really fabulous contractor. If you are anywhere near the Cincinnati area this is the guy to call! Steve Wendling Remodeling. Fantastic job, on time, knows his stuff and a genuinely nice human being as well. Call him. I mean it!


So, here we are, a week and a bit later.
 Just a glimpse mind you.
Love!!!! 
Now on to staining and landscaping before the big reveal.
Big plans I tell ya!
Well, at least in my head. 
What's up in your backyards?
I know Sue has a huge project.


Tell us what is happening at your house.

"May our home know joy, each room hold laughter, every window open to great possibilities."
Unknown

Yours in the delight of home and garden, P.
Pin It!

5 comments:

Debby said...

You and Sue are busy bodies.

Nothing much in my backyard.....weeds and doggie poo.


Are you coming to the CL Fair. Hope so. I know you will be at the show in Mt. Vernon.

Have a great week-end.

Geralyn Gray said...

We are enjoying the last summer in our big backyard with a pool.....we are moving to a retirement village with a small patio......and they will take care of the lawn....we will have 3 feet in the front to garden :)

Lynn said...

MY backyard? My backyard is a pasture in the form of a big hill going down to a rather large creek. There will be no construction nor re-dos.

Marilyn said...

I am having a Halloween Giveaway... Come on over!!
Marilyn

sissie said...

Your back yard is going to look fabulous. I've always wanted a pergola. I can just see yours all covered with pretty vine flowers.

hugs
Sissie