Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, August 1, 2011

Heaven on Earth

Sunshine in the garden.


Bring on the heat, you can't stop Marigolds from blooming.


Maybe I will stick to the Mari's and Zinnias next summer.
They seem to be scorch proof.
Oh, and did I mention beautiful?


Of course, sunflowers are the true summer beacon.


A taste of sunshine come down to earth.


Hope you haven't wilted yet!

"I walk without flinching through the burning cathedral of the summer."
Violette Leduc

Yours unflinchingly, P.

Pin It!

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hotter than Hadies here but no wilt at my house with the AC chugging away!! WOO HOO!!
Have a Great Day!
Marilyn

Laura said...

Hey Miss Pam-
It is so hot here I almost feel used to it.
I am headed out to do some yard work before it is fully light out.

Your posts sound like you have had a great summer!

Laura
White Spray Paint

Sea Witch said...

Oh, baby do you know what that's worth? Ooh Heaven is a place on earth. They say in Heaven, Love comes first, let's make Heaven a place on earth...sorry, your post just had be break out in song. Gotta love the Bangles.

Hopemore Studio said...

I think I'm melting, or at least wilting. I love your zinnias and sunflowers..food for thought next year.

janjan said...

The best thing with marigolds is that you can let a few flowers go to seed and then there heaps of seeds to scatter round the garden for next year. I can grow these all year round. I'm all for plants like that, its just remembering where you put the seeds when it comes planting time again.

Kathy said...

Pam - I love my marigolds too. I've got some called "Butter Cream" I think...they're almost white. Your flowers are beautiful! Stay cool!!

Kathy