Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, August 29, 2011

Dreaming of Endless Summer

That bittersweet sense of loss that comes with summer's end has been tugging at my heart.
Why does the change of seasons bring this touch of melancholy?
Life is busy here at Frippery Farmhouse, son back home today after we moved furniture and boxes for two days. My house is filled with stacks of things to organize and find places for.


 I am working on the new art room and the swiftly approaching craft show season. My Ohio Valley Antiques booth is doing well and the Rural Society Show will be upon us before I can blink.
The new deck will be complete before Labor Day and I can begin my landscaping plans for the yard.
Life is full. 
Yet this time of years still brings a touch of melancholy.


Do you get that hint of sadness this time of year? 
Is it that endings are always fraught with a sense of loss?
Let's enjoy the beautiful September weather and all of the abundance summer's end brings. 
Have a lovely Labor Day weekend with friends and family.


I will be bringing some semblance of order to this house for the next week.
Not giving in to the blues.
We still have loads of warm sunny days ahead.
See you after Labor Day!

"When summer gathers up her robes of glory and like a dream, glides away."
Sarah Helen Whitman

Yours in summertime dreams, P.

Pin It!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Fall is my favorite time of the year! I know it's a precursor to winter, but it reminds me most of home back in NM. Crisp, clean air and sunny skies. So untypically Ohio! I think it's so cool that you're doing the Rural Society show. Are you going to the CL show or S'field? Let me know- I know Debby wanted to get together. hugs, Sue

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

I love Fall too but realize that we do have some very warm weather still to come..like the end of this week! After that passes I do see the beautiful September weather that we all love. Your flowers are beautiful, btw, so full and colorful!~Hugs, Patti

trash talk said...

I'm holding onto the promise of fall. Not one to wish away days, but this relentless heat and the monotony of it has got me down.
If I promise to be more up...will you keep showing me beautiful flowers?
Deb
P.S. As much as I know you love your children...homecomings are hell aren't they?

Debby said...

I love fall......the heat will be behind us.
I love your home, so beautiful.
I hope it all works out with your son moving back in. Mine did for awhile, and I loved it.
Now if the youngest ever does, I am moving out, hah.
I will be posting about the CL Fair and the Rural Society soon to see if we have any busy Ohio bloggers that will be attending.