Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, July 18, 2011

Ohio Bloggers Gather

Thanks to the ever so fun and feisty Ms. Sue of Sullivan and Murphy, I was fortunate to meet a lovely group of girls on Saturday. We are all on the same page with our passion for vintage, our burgeoning businesses and our joy in reclaiming pieces of the past and refreshing them for new use today.
We also happen to be from the great state of Ohio.
Buckeyes all.


We met in charming Tipp City and from the first, as we strolled the farmer's market, I knew we would find fresh friendship in one another.
That old Silver and Gold, new friends and old saying is so true.
We need both in our lives to keep things from becoming stale.


When I ventured into Blogland a few years ago I had NO IDEA what a bounty it would bring.
I have connected with so many women I would never have met otherwise.
We all share common threads in what we love in life.


A harvest of new friends far and near has been such a reward.
The best part is to meet in person and share laughter and stories and sew the seeds of lasting friendship.


I know you want to meet them too, if you haven't already.
Lettuce begin...(Sorry, I might be taking the harvest theme a bit far, teehee.)
Of course sweet Sue, who brought us all together. What a ball of fire. She had me in stitches!
Jo, from Jo's Second Act, thoughtful and funny. A pleasure to meet.
Pam of House of Hawthornes, sunny, cute and full of fun.
Debby of Cozy Blanket, what a doll. Just charming.
Darling Susie Q from Rabbit Run Cottage. Sweet and genuine.
I feel abundantly blessed to have met these chickadees and hope we will be seeing more of one another in the future.
Fall will be here soon, girls! 


I could now break into a rendition of "Friend's are like flowers, beautiful flowers..."
but I wouldn't want you to gag on your beverage.
Suffice it to say I thoroughly enjoyed meeting these soul sistas.
We had a fun filled (and junk filled) day.
There were a few Buckeye Bloggers who couldn't make it Saturday. I do hope we will meet next time.
 (I did meet one on Sunday morning, more later...)


A bouquet of new friendships, an introduction to a charming small Ohio town, some delish food and scrumptious vintage goodies, that's what I call bounty.
Thanks girls!

"We need old friends to help us grow old and new one's to help us stay young."
Letty Cottin Pogrebin

Yours in friendship old and new, P.




Pin It!

5 comments:

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Sorry I could not come this time but maybe the next one. Sounds like a good time was had by all!~Hugs, Patti

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I love the blogging community. You were so lucky to be able to get together.

Sue said...

Pam- I like being called fun and feisty! Some people would have another description!! I'm really glad you were able to come up and play. :-) It was fun to shop and eat and have a good time! Your farmers market photos turned out so nice. Hope the house shots did too. Stay cool, girlfriend- it's supposed to be hot as blazes tomorrow! hugs, Sue

karen said...

you have some gorgeous images in this post. The vegetable one especially as it reminded me of how in awe I was of the size of the fruit and vegetables in California when I visited last year. Thanks for leaving such lovely words about my work too, I really appreciate it.

Susie Q said...

Oh Pam! Your photos are just so beautiful! You are so talented...
It was so much fun and I am so looking forward to the next adventure!
You are a treasure! All of you ladies are so special!
Love,
Sue