Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, July 11, 2011

Hot Sale...I Mean Really HOT!

A beautiful sunny summer day in New Richmond, Ohio.
Art and antiques along the river.


Not too many photos of our space however, because the sun was glaring. 
Too intense to get anything but brilliance and shadows.
I think it was something like 900 degrees.
Well maybe more like 109.
Gladys here couldn't seem to keep herself covered. 
It was that hot!


The meltingly humid day was not meant for sitting under a tent at noon.
Or shopping for that matter.
We persevered though.


We did not do badly but I think the scorching day drove many indoors to the cafe.
If I was not manning the space I would have followed.


That said, this is a lovely event. There were almost 3 times the vendors this time and lot's of scrumptious bits of vintage and crafty goodness.
I took no photos of any of those items, just my own.
Selfish me.
Actually, the few times I ventured from the shade to try shopping, I only lasted a few minutes before rushing back to the...relative...comfort of our canopy.


I did want to share sweet daughter's adorable polymer clay earrings.
Darling little trinkets in the shape of one of my favorite things, food!
She will be stocking her Etsy shop, Sadie Flo Studio, at the end of the week and I will share the link then.
I will, meanwhile, be stocking my space at Ohio Valley Antique Mall.
You will find Frippery in booth 127 at the corner of Arizona and Virginia Ave.
The mall is separated into rows with street names to make it easier to find a specific favorite space.


Once again I will be up to my elbows making this all work. 
If I am scarce for a bit, know that I am still checking in on you all.
Just keeping mum with my nose to the grindstone.

"To find joy in work is to discover the fountain of youth"
Pearl S. Buck

Yours in getting younger every day, P.
Pin It!

8 comments:

JunqueMagnet said...

Looks great.Love those Blendo glasses.I collected them for MANY years and they are perfect on a hot afternoon.Was looking forward to going to the show but am cramming for Burlington next Sunday.I had no intention of setting up but once we heard that History Channel was coming to film there was NO WAY I was missing it.So I'm cramming and coming up with my most perfect booth display ever!Will stop by your booth at Ohio Valley when next I maket the Hamilton/Fairfield rounds.I had the kids out there for six hours Friday a week ago.

T's Daily Treasures said...

Everything is lovely and your daughter's earrings are absolutely adorable. Our days are mostly above 110 and right now the humidity has set in -- 70% today which makes being outside impossible. Wishing you continued Frippery fun! :) Tammy

trash talk said...

Gracious me, if that is true I must be about 10 now!
I want you to know I'm jonesing over that blue crystal bling. GAH!
Love the earbobs and her presentation...perfect. Definitely the bacon to my tomato.
I have one little bit of advice to give. Buy yourself the biggest fan you can haul. It's the first thing we load when we're doing an outdoor show and I'd be melting, melting without it!
Deb

Marilyn said...

What a great selection of goodies ! Hot here too but not quite 900 ! ! Of course there is the AC I am sitting next to now.....LOL!!
Have a Wonderful Day ! !
Marilyn

Lynn said...

Love those foody earrings! Unfortunately, my holes grew back shut.

Debby said...

Looks like a fun show, at least your things, hah. Looking forward to meeting you Sat. Thanks for stopping by.
I love that you did your chest in Duck Egg blue. That's the color I like and I want to paint my chest.

Debby said...

Me again. It was great meeting you yesterday. Thanks for my little gift. I can't wait til the next get together......we are a fun bunch, hah.

Susie Q said...

That sale looks like such fun ESPECIALLY your things! Thank you for my sweet gift! I just love the little buckeye! : ) It was such a joy meeting you finally and I really look forward to seeing all of you again!
Love,
Sue