Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Antique and Art Show Crazy

Busy...
Moving into Frippery's space at Ohio Valley Antique Mall .
Painting doors from the ReStore for my backdrop.
Pricing, setting up a mock up space in the garage to make for a smooth move.
Plus, New Richmond Ohio's Art and Antique show is Sunday. 
Separate mock up space in my entry for that one. 
Busy enough that I am skipping Bunco next week!
Gah!!!!
Dining table covered in soldering supplies, family room table covered in paint and polymer clay.
Studio room being moved upstairs for college boy's imminent return to the nest.
I need my house back!
In the midst of this I couldn't resist playing with my newly received order of Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint.
Adore it!


Painted my mom's "seen better days" hope chest.
Perfect now as a sofa table in Provence and Duck Egg.


        Busy...
I needed a break, some laughs. They came by way of my dear friend's email (No names to protect the innocent, har har)

I want to preface this by saying my gorgeous friend is no where near the description she gives in the email. Slightly chubby, beautiful and hilarious. A perfect package.
So here it is...

I work on the second floor of a mostly medical building and on the way into work this morning, I was running my usual couple minutes late, so I was trotting up the stairs and not walking up them, I was also carrying my purse and a attache type bag over my shoulder as I rounded the corner on the landing of the stairs, there was a thin lady, my age, in gym shoes and tennis shorts and a tee shirt going down the steps and she mentioned how hard it was to run steps and looked at my obese body and said "good for you" and that is how my day started. I realize that I should have used my immense whale like body to crush her, but I was caught so off guard by her comment.


Ha ha hee hee.
Crush her...
Too funny.
Well, hopefully you thought so too.

"A sense of humor...is needed armor. Joy in one's heart and some laughter on one's lips is a sign that the person down deep has a pretty good grasp of life." 
Hugh Sidney.

Yours in shared laughter, P.
Pin It!

13 comments:

Geralyn Gray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Geralyn Gray said...

I love the color of the chest and I can't wait to see your space at the antique mall.

Geralyn Gray said...

I love the color of the chest and I can't wait to see your space at the antique mall.

Geralyn Gray said...

I love the color of the chest and I can't wait to see your space at the antique mall.

Geralyn Gray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Geralyn Gray said...

Wow......blogger is stuttering today.....sorry for all those posts......please feel free to get rid of the repeat comments!!!!!

Snappy Di said...

Totally coveting the hope chest !!! LOVE IT.

Di

Jo said...

That is one of my most favorite antique malls!! What booth # are you?

Sue said...

Crack me up- crushing the skinny broad!!! Your hope chest is lovely in that color. I bought the paint but haven't contemplated what my first project will be. hmmm... Can you say disorganization? Procrastination, maybe? See ya next week! ~Sue

sissie said...

I think that she should have crushed the skinny broad or maybe tripped her just a little, so she might skin her skinny knees! LOL!
I love friends with such a good sense of humor.

Love the color you used on the chest.

hugs
sissie

Scrap for Joy said...

The hope chest is a beautiful transformation. I had one similar to yours and gave it away because I thought it was an ugly beast. Wish I had your vision! Oh yes...the wedge salad from your last post...I could dive head first into that one! YUM!
Joyce
Maye we need to do a road trip to Cincinnati...can't be too far from Pittsburgh.

Pam said...

That turned out great! I have a bed in my guest room that is similar to that. Down to the "seen better days" state. Maybe I should try to paint it.

Susie Q said...

LOVE the chest! The color is perfect too...now I am sorry I didn't buy the paint in Tipp! Guess I will have to go back up! : )I want to do my kitchen table...now if I can get busy and just DO it!! *laugh*
Love,
Sue