Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Another New Junkin' Blog Friend

In the quaint little town of Burlington...


I met a charming junk dealer...


and her adorable young son...


and her very helpful hubby.



The end.
Or maybe the beginning. Sunday morning, hubs and I went shopping at Burlington Antique show in Kentucky.
Of course I did shop, but mostly I went to meet a Buckeye Blogger who couldn't make it to our get together. 
I had been reading her blog forever.
I was so glad to meet her finally.
Yes and she really is delightful in person. 
Funny and with a great eye for the good junk.
Oh, I guess you are dying to know who.
Ms. Junque Magnet herself, Carrie.




I only took one photo of her space because, well, once again it was sweltering and I was just too dang lazy to lift the camera.
However I did snag some good loot from her.
You are also wondering perhaps, why there have been no photos of all these delightful Buckeye girls?
Seems they are a bit camera shy.
I know the feeling.
It seems all of my worst poses end up on friend's blogs. So I get it. No face time here.
Carrie was a pleasure to meet.
I look forward to getting to know her better and checking out some great junking spots with her!

"Make new friends, but keep the old.
One is silver and the other gold." 
Unknown

You know I couldn't resist singing a corny friendship song for two whole posts. You were singing too...don't deny it...I could hear you...

Yours in the joys of junk and those who love it, P.
Pin It!

6 comments:

Vintage Jane said...

What a lovely quote. Beautiful stall too - I would have loved a few treasures from there ... M x

trash talk said...

I love how blogging opens the doors to so many opportunities to meet kindred spirits.
Tell the BB's to smile and say cheese. It only hurts for a second, but it helps to have a face for the voice. Teach 'em the "Hey Girl" pose!
Deb
P.S. Gah...it's hot she said in her best whiney voice.

Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

How much fun!! It looks like a wonderful booth ~
Oh my goodness and a beautiful area!!

Sue said...

Carrie is such a sweetie! Glad you were able to meet her at Burlington. I can't imagine the heat walking around at the show on Sunday- I never even ventured out. Today is supposed to be about 110 for the heat index, so I'm planning on projects inside where it's nice and cool! The husband will be playing golf- crazy! Stay cool, girlfriend. Your fun and feisty friend, Sue
Did you see that Debby posted a pic of all of us?

Hopemore Studio said...

Pam, One of these Sundays we will have to go together. I have not made it to a Burlington show yet this season, its just too sad to have to admit!!

Very glad see you got to attend, I'm sure the heat was brutal but I hope you found many charming things on your trip!
Angie

Pam said...

I'm glad you got to meet Ms. Junque Magnet. I love to see all the fun stuff she shows on her blog. and I see those cool maps hanging in her booth! Glad you didn't melt on Sunday. Today about did me in. Way to hot for me.