Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Thrifty Find Oversized Mirror

Still on my quest.
You didn't think it would only take a day or two to find myself, did you? 
However, another quest has been fulfilled and I had to share it.


I have been on the hunt for an oversized mirror to lean against the wall for ...like..forever.
OK, only since I have been seeing Pottery Barn Knock Offs on all the blogs.
See what I mean about influence?
But I really do love them so that's OK, right?
Argh, more acceptance anxiety! 
Back to the subject.


Looking at ReStore for doors to line my OVAM booth we came across this beauty.
A mirrored door.
A seven foot tall mirrored door.
Guess how much?????
ONE DOLLAR!
She needs a tweak or two but come on! One dollar!
I just had to share.

Don't hate her because she's cheap and beautiful.
I could say the same for some of my friends.
Harrharrharhahahaha!

"People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself.
But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates."

Thomas Szasz






                                                      Yours in continuing creation, P.

P.S. In the name of creativity I may continue to post an image or two while I am off creating my new self. Practice makes perfect after all.

Pin It!

10 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

It is totally fabulous. What a super find. I would have bought that for $1 and I don't even need another mirror. Fantastic. Hugs, Marty

La said...

I love it!

You are so funny. I'm looking forward to Tipp City.

Remember to stop by on Tuesday to enter my giveaway.

Have a great week! La

trash talk said...

In the words of Dolly..."It's expensive to look this cheap!" Words I live by!!!
Love it. Add a glass doorknob and it'll be like Alice in Wonderland fantastic!
Deb

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I *LOVE* it!!!
Reminds me of when an antique store vacated a building and left this HUGE mirror out front. Dust all over it, I wrote: "Property of Anne!" with my finger. (a few of us girls were, ummm, fighting over it...)
I found out WHY it was left when I tried to get it into the back of my PT Cruiser----IT WEIGHED A TON!!!
I still have it in my cellar basement, leaning against the wall, fearful the weight will pull any support out!
And it was worth the almost hernia!
Congrats on your big purchase~~a gem!

XXOO~~
Anne

Denise said...

Okay, my mouth fell open on that one. $1.00!! That is an insanely great buy! Maybe I should go back and see if I misplaced a zero or two somewhere. :) Good for you girl! LOVE that black and white chair too!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

What a find !! And it looks perfect there .

sissie said...

One Dollar is almost unheard of!!!
I love the mirrored door and how you are using it in your decor. It's perfect.
Now if I could only recreate myself. LOL!

hugs
Sissie

Sue said...

Gee, Cincy has much better buys than Dayton! Our ReStore doesn't ever seem to have the "good stuff" and what they do have in stock is still expensive, IMHO! I'm so glad you'll be able to meet with us in Tipp in a few weeks. We should have fun. I see La made it over here to meet ya already. She is a fun one! Talk soon. hugs, Sue

Emom said...

Betcha by golly wow! I love cheap and beautiful....smiles.

Jenny's Heart said...

What a great find and it is perfect in your decor!
BRAVO on your find and enjoy your summer. I'll be here when you come back!