Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, June 24, 2011

Stepping Back to See the Big Picture

It has been raining forever.
 Seems like summer will never begin. 
Time is passing and July will be here before we know it.


Lot's of time to ponder the wet garden from the porch and list all the things that need doing.


Which leads to one conclusion that has been nibbling at the back of the old brain. 
I need to step back from the blog. 
From both writing and visiting.
Just for a bit. It is too much of a distraction...from life...from creativity...from deciding what comes next and making that a reality.
I adore browsing all of your fabulous blogs, the sharing of ideas and thoughts, tutorials and just plain connection with like minds. Sometimes it feels that as good as all of this is, true self can be lost.
The need to find one's own way, an authentic style.
Many times we share the same sense of what is loved, true sisters and brothers in spirit.
I just need to try to find exactly what it is I really want without being influenced by the delicious visuals and tempting ideas of someone else.
Do you understand where this is coming from?


The need to find "me" again. 
Time to actually live my life, not vicariously through others.
Taking care of business here, in this place, in my own way.
As you know it really is all about ME!
Hee hee. 
That said, I need time to take care of this...


and also grow this...


and find more of this...


oh and let's not forget girl time...


I love Blogland and have made friends near and far. Some connections have literally changed my life.
I will not abandon this wonderful and inspiring place.
I just need to reconnect with the real world.
Make some things happen.
Spend time with family.
Grow something.
Create.
And definitely more girl time!!!

"This above all:
To thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Hamlet, Shakespeare

Yours in the quest for true self, P.


Pin It!

8 comments:

La said...

I look forward to some girl time in Tipp City in a couple of weeks!

Have a great weekend!

Hopemore Studio said...

Pam, I absolutely get what you are saying. Take a break, find yourself...and enjoy the rain.

Angie

T's Daily Treasures said...

When summertime rolls around and the outdoors is calling, many bloggers feel the same. Enjoy! Tammy

Geralyn Gray said...

Well said........enjoy summer and all it has to offer.....we'll be here when you come back!!!!!

Emom said...

Absolutely....everyone of us benefits from a break, just let us know when you return...smiles!!!

Lynn said...

I Totally understand what you are saying, but do not stay away too long because I, along with many others will miss you!

Karen said...

You my friend, must be reading my mind...I too have done so. Not enough hours in the day.

BTW - we have the SAME exact phone - case and all... hehehe. Great minds really do think alike!

Susie Q said...

I am so feeling this way of late...but hope you will stay around as often as you can! I LOVED meeting you and spending the afternoon with you and the other ladies What ajoy to meet suck *like minded* folks! Oh, and i LOVE your home...it is hard for me to not see such beautiful spaces and and doubt showing my own teensy, less than spectacular ones. I know that is silly and, as you say, I need to be true to myself and not worry so much! Right? : )
Love,
sue